Had a Great Season.

Today was my last day out on simcoe. It was fun and thank god we got on safe and off safe. We went up to maple view but no entrance or exit so we moved south. Next we hit lock hart and no go there either so we kept going until IBP were we got off and unloaded. We marked many fish and lost a few but we had a blast. My dad (motion) just bought me an x67c so i was excited and wanted to go so bad but we saw the weather would of been terrible. the ice was very soft and there are a lot of holes especially were there were huts. This year was a great year for me and my dad. we just got introduced to white fish and lakers. I love the big game so next year will be better hopefully. Tell me how your year was?

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

the hard water season was good to me. i spent every saturday since jan 1st fishing plus a few weekends thrown in. caught lots of fish (no trophy fish this winter) and bought a snowmachine. looking forward to a day or more on ice and spring 'pinning.

I got out to Simcoe, Scugog and Couch one time each then my pike hole about 8 times so it was a fun season for me. Landed 5 pike on the 6 pike fishin trips and caught lot's of perch with 4 over 12"...a bowfin and a random crappie got me started this season and I had a blast. learned lot's on my first ice fishing season and bought lot's. Not wasting time net year on panfish, it's pike,pike and more pike :)

Forgot to mention my PB 11lb 5oz Lake Trout and my PB whitefish at 3lbs 8oz...not huge but a great start!

Edited by Mike The Bass Fisher

It was slow but good for me.I took a turn this year.I hit spots that I never tried before, and went for lakers and whitefish for the first time and got hooked on it.Not much caught except a bow and a few little guys.But what I did catch was a good fever that I cannot shake off.I finally had a good sense as too what fish do under the hard water.The aqua view turned things around for me.I didnt care if I caught 1 or a billion fish.Iwas so intrigued watching the buggers, and presenting different baits.And the hooks ups as well as the tyler tourney was awesome.MY worst year for fish but my best all round hard water year to a tee.

I don't think there was a weekend where I didn't get out to Rice Lake.

I enjoyed exploreing a "new" lake. Starting near Margarettes Island and working West to as far as Bewdley, I managed to find some excellent spots to fish for Perch. We had several days iceing well over 150 Perch. Highlight of the season I guess was fishing with some new friends who had spent just as much time on waters in their backyard and sharing opinoins/pointers, compare notes to see what the fish are enhabiting on that particular lake.

Although I din't find the ever plentifull Crappie, as everyone else I spoke to, I/we still managed to have a spectacular season on the newly opened Kawartha Lakes.

Highlights would have to be finding the one honey hole of Jumbos. I mean, these Perch would put a hurten on the Simcoe guys! Largest Perch caught went 14.5 inches and was close to the 2lb mark.

BJ Tackle in Bewdley had a Derby on the last weekend for huts to be out and we managed to come in first and third. It was a bitter sweet, knowing we found an area that produced good size fish and now knowing people are going to be looking for my truck and hut! ha ha ha