where to crappie fish

jackal68

Waterford is the closest around branford,for all year round fishing.Crappie make there way up the grand come spring time.As for waterford, there are quite a few lakes/ponds to choose from.Binbrook is another as well as mountsberg resevoir.

If they can't help you use the bait they sold you find another bait store as they will be out of business shortly anyway.

Head south on 24 out of Brantford, turn east on Mechanic Road after about 1.5 k you will start to see the ponds, or carry on one road further to Thompson and turn left, fish in the fishy looking spots.

Dan

Edited by dannyboy

Mohawk Lake in Brantford has some crappie in it ..there are a few spots off shore from Grenwich st or from Mohawk park .. just look out for the shopping carts, broken bottles and used syringes .. oh and dont eat the fish

Funny i took a ride out there yesterday. And your right dont eat the fish. Thanks Massey,And sunnoco

Ok forgive me! I was looking at mapquest and I see the old 24 runs through town. I am assuming its the new 24 that you turn right on Mechanic st? Secondly these ponds are "crown" land?.

Usegoogle earth hybrid.On mechanics rd between rr 24 and hwy 24, and you will see the town and a couple of bridges.And I do beleive its mostly crown land except for R/V adventure.There are some huge bass in those ponds as well.5 lbs was my largest in there but not the biggest I caught in the ponds in that neck.

I see what looks like ponds at 24 and Maple Ave? Am I at the right place? Can someone add GPS coordinates?

42 deg 56 min 02.63 sec North

80 deg 18 min 36.83 sec West

Or just go to googles eath Hybrid map and punch in waterford, ontario, canada

Simple! You will see the ponds on mechanic rd and tompson rd.

waterford_ponds.jpg

Jeez next thing they'll be asking for the names of the fish!

Dan

Luwie, Stuwie and Chuwie.Oh and dont forget about Chumie.Chumie was a sick minnow that was adopted by the three brothers parents.Papa Fluwie and Mama Truwie.Well Chumie had issues growing up.He stole from the rich as well as the poor.Your baits and strategies werent safe with Chumie lurking about.He was mean indeed,you name it, he chewed them off all right.Rapalas, krocs,frogs,mepps,you name it, he collected it.

Well Dannyboy, you got names and a breif history.Shall I go on?

I couldnt resist :P

Kinda of a Saturday late night funny, Eh!

Shall I continue? :D

Usegoogle earth hybrid.On mechanics rd between rr 24 and hwy 24, and you will see the town and a couple of bridges.And I do beleive its mostly crown land except for R/V adventure.There are some huge bass in those ponds as well.5 lbs was my largest in there but not the biggest I caught in the ponds in that neck.

5.5lbs for me :D:P

bass.jpg