Fish Keeping

Fishnwire

as for keeping minnows this just came to mind. There is a limit in the regs I think you can only have 120 in you possession? So if you have a bunch in a tank make sure you check the regs on it. Not that you'll ever get caught for keeping more. I don't think?

correct, you are maxed out at 120 minnows.

I know someone that has kept perch and bass and stuff in a tank and I mentioned that I would like to keep some crappies but they said don't bother cause they get fungus in the eye's. I have know reason why.

My buddy kept some little crappies in a 60 gallon tank for a winter. They stayed quite healthy, but they showed zero colour and markings and were the most boring fish to watch. They just schooled up in a corner of the tank most of the time.

It is my understanding that smallmouth bass are closely related to the cichlid group...I bet a half dozen two to three inch smallies in a heavily planted/structured tank would be awesome.

I've had a number of tanks in the past, nothing over 35 gallons. Had the usual guests, piranha, oscars and assorted tropicals.

I currently have a 175 gal. bow front awaiting setup in my unfinished rec room and will likely put in largemouth and assorted panfish or maybe brookies. I'd like a few brookies but I'll need to investigate a water cooling system.

Speaking of aquarium fish. I have a Bumble Bee Ciclid that needs to go, he's about 13 - 14 cm. Great health. If anyone is in the Toronto, downtown area, please come on by and take him for free. Otherwise he's going to Big Als. He's all yours!