Trade Deadline Day!

Stoty

Ponikarovsky is a good player, but he'll never score 40 in Pittsburgh. Even a proven scorer like Guerin hasn't scored 40 playing with Crosby. In the end, there's only so many goals to go around, and Poni won't be scoring 40 if Sid and Malkin are scoring 50 each. I'd put him between 25-30, as per usual.

Caputi is a good prospect, and is essentially on par with getting a second rounder. He has great size as well, and if having a good year in the AHL. Also consider that they will try to flip Skoula today and get a 4th or 5th round pick.

I wish I wasn't in class today, or I'd have a lovely date with my couch...

Edited by ADB

I gotta agree with Anders. TSN promotes this as a day to take off work and watch their coverage all day, but no matter how exciting they keep telling me it is, it's not!!!

I'd rather just tune in the end of the day and have 'em recap the deals. Takes all of a minute and a half.

it should be on from 2pm to about 6...all this crap before hand is useless till then....

Wow...maybe i should say what i really feel...lol

Edited by anders

The day has been preeeeety darn boring IMO..only surprise thus far is the wolski trade to Phoenix...

I feel a huge storm coming in though...one hour remaining and I'm curious to see where Ray Whitney is headed to and if SJ will do the unthinkable and trade away their numero uno goalie Nobakov for Roloson...

Sadly i have a class to go to and will miss the final half hour...

Hope BM doesnt make any silly trades for the Sens..

Cheers!

Whitney an Oiler?!! Fitting end to one of the most boring trade deadline days since I got hooked on hockey.

Did any of the current playoff contenders get any stronger?? What do you guys think?

Also..dont mean to poke at the leafs but who's left on the the team other than Kessel, Phaneuf and Kaberle??

Did any of the current playoff contenders get any stronger?? What do you guys think?

For sure they did.

New Jersey with getting Kovalchuk, is HUGE. They are the best defensive team in the league to start with, and adding a 50 goal scorer just makes them an even bigger threat!

Pittsburgh also added a lot of depth to their already strong lineup as well with adding Ponni and Leopold.

The East is going to be a TOUGHT conference to come out of this year! Pitts, Washington and New Jersey could all come out!

Also, kudos to Phoenix, they really improved their team!

I have to say, I think Toronto didnt really get enough for Poni in my opinion, he will definitely do better in Pittsburgh, having said that I dont really know much about Luca Caputi, from what I hear he is a decent prospect, but without much NHL experience. As for the other guys the Leafs got I have no clue who they are, Chris Peluso and Matt Jones.

I definitely think that Washington, Pittsburgh and NJ have improved, they should all be cup contenders.

I was a little surprised that no goalies were moved to teams like Washington or Philly.

All in all a fairly boring day, I guess with the salary cap, big moves cant be made the way they used to.

It was boring, but alot of the top players are tied up on massive contracts now so moving them is almost impossible. Plus what you would have to give up to get them would probably kill your team.

Well the devils, pens and caps were already on the top of the contender list to begin with...the Kovalchuk trade completely skipped my mind but other than that I dont think the Pens and caps have added anything spectacular to their already annoyingly awesome line up...A little depth but nothing that gives them the ultimate edge IMO.

Even though the leafs did crap..I'm hoping that they go on a tear in the next 10 or so and get out of last place just to spoil the Bruins chances of getting the 1st overall..