Tonneau cover for Ford Ranger NF

bronze_back

Anybody know a good place around Guelph to buy a hard tonneau cover and other accessories for a 2006 Ranger. I don't even know if a hard tonneau is the best option, but I'm looking for something to keep my rods and equipment locked up safe in the bed and be able to remove the cover without too much hassle.

Edited by bronze_back

solid one piece tonneaus are a PIA to remove.. they are heavy and awkward..( being that they are wide..)

and to reinstall them can be a pain.. if you dont have them square...

I have one and curse it some days...

G.

You will be sorry if you get the hard cover. I had one, and as Gerritt said a PIA !!

They look sharp, but are awkward to load or unload, particularly with larger items. I did'nt even TRY to get mine off or on. Your choice tho', good luck.

I have a nighthawk cap on my truck... They are not light.. and if you do not have the rails perfect... good luck closing it..

But as FishFarmer pointed out.. they are cheaper...

Thanks for the link F.F. I need to order new "shocks?" for my lid.

G

I had a Aluminum 4 panel Fold a Cover, they leak at the hinges when the rubber cracks. Not good Plus my locks would fill with water and freeze. Peace of junk. They had lots of them in the scrap box at Hawk caps. The guy was going to throw mine in the scrap. :o I told him I wanted to sell it, he said good luck. :rolleyes:

Does your truck have a locking tailgate?

I own a Lowpro Truxedo on my 09 Ram 1500. Its nice and simple to install no drilling although its a soft cover but the fabric is tough and if someone wants in they have to knife the entire thing as its almost impossible to tear by hand. Great in cold and warm weather aswell.

National 4WD 4X4 Offroad

www.national4wd.com

5379 Harvester Road Burlington

There is another place in Burlington where I bought my cover but they moved and i forget the name of it.

Edited by Mattones

hard covers are only good for those who use their truck like a car. as mentioned, its a PITA taking them off every so often when you actually want to use the bed. soft FOLDING covers are the way to go. dont even think about getting a soft cover that uses snaps or velcro around the perimeter if its the typical vinyl material.

hard cover or soft...if a thief wants in there neither one will stop them.

I had the same issues with the hard covers. This is what I use! It's a soft top but folds in 3 comes on and off in less than a minute and No hardware!!!

Best of all it only cost me like $400 and installed it myself in the parking lot in less than 2mins!

http://extang.com/docs/trifecta.html

I should also add that it is totally waterproof !

Edited by getnjiggywithit

I got a 4 panel hard cover for my Ranger and it cost about 1000 as well. I got it through the auto parts source or what ever that store is called. As mentioned above though dose your tailgate lock because the panel locks up but all you have to do is open the tailgate and theres your stuff. Also what kind of gear do you have because if you have one piece rods they won't fit in the back anyways.