Simcoe today

T Fisher

Had the day off so we headed out to Lake Simcoe for the big boys. For those of you that don't know Simcoe has a great supply of Lake Whitefish some as big as 10 pounds. To be fair I fish 3 times a week 99% of the time I fish Simcoe So I know the lake well. We headed to where the fish were bitting a long ride from JP to Whites shole but well worth the ride. Many limits were caught by most that were there we took 4 Whitefish and left by 10am. It looked like a killing field with blood all over the ice from all the fish that were caught.

We then went to find Perch we found plenty 50 fow off Fox Island, small tubes in black head silver body worked well took home 24 10 to 12 inchers for dinner.... just like candy.

I'm too chicken to drive across that big crack in my truck...was going to make a big move and drive around Fox, but decided to grind it out in the big mud flats off Innisfil.

Is the bite still really early as opposed to a mid morning? I'm trying to avoid another 4 am start.

Dan O.

First light is never a bad idea, for any species of fish ;)

Sunday was an late afternoon bite for me, yesterday a morning bite...you just never know.

Tony

weve been driving over the crack, but if you dont you can go around the island. good to know if your over there and the crack opens up while your out. happened to us 2 weeks ago, we wernt driving but it sure made for a long walk back trying to find a spot to cross.

The best bite ive found this winter isnt till almost 11am.. Ive found the morning bite very slow at times even though your marking fish non stop! once they start biting however, then its a fun day!

weve been driving over the crack, but if you dont you can go around the island. good to know if your over there and the crack opens up while your out. happened to us 2 weeks ago, we wernt driving but it sure made for a long walk back trying to find a spot to cross.

The best bite ive found this winter isnt till almost 11am.. Ive found the morning bite very slow at times even though your marking fish non stop! once they start biting however, then its a fun day!

Ya i've been crossing the crack no problem on the sled :P . I've had my best luck this year between about 9-12.