Dad's 90th birthday

kingofthesteelhead

Took my dad out to Sibbald Point on Lake Simcoe today.He is 90 years old and still determined to get out on the ice once in a while. We caught lots of fish between 7-9 inches long with a few 10's mixed in. I'm sure he enjoyed his birthday as much as I did taking him out.It is tough getting him to leave as we were out from 830am until 230pm.Couldn't ask for a nicer day!

Good job Ted. I'm always amazed at your old man. Last time I was on the ice with him he got mad at me for cutting holes for him and then he grabbed the hand auger from me and cut a few more :thumbsup_anim:

I know you have heard me say this a 1,000 times. But I'll be happy to still be on the green side of the lawn when I'm his age. But to be able to still do what he does, that's something.

Glad you guys had a good day. I'm sure a day on the ice was just about the best birthday present anybody could have given him.

Fishing with your Dad, especially at 90 is SUPER.

My 90 year old Dad and Iwere talking yesterday about the opening of the walleye season on May1st and he's really looking forward to fishing with me and his grandson on May 1st.

It's a real treat to continue the fishing together - we started 63 years ago - seems like yesterday and I can remember the first fish

Cheers

David Delcloo aka Superdad

Took my dad out to Sibbald Point on Lake Simcoe today.He is 90 years old and still determined to get out on the ice once in a while. We caught lots of fish between 7-9 inches long with a few 10's mixed in. I'm sure he enjoyed his birthday as much as I did taking him out.It is tough getting him to leave as we were out from 830am until 230pm.Couldn't ask for a nicer day!

That,s just super Ted...

I was amazed to watch him fish up at Pigeon Lake a couple of years ago at his age then...

Haven't seen you or him since...CPH sez you got a new crappie spot at your trailer...

Cheers...Beans