Simcoe whities/perch - Feb 11 -AM

icefisherman

Started bright and early...

Went to 88fow with a friend of mine and with my son.

Got 3 whitefish by 10:30am and went to the perch ground for about an hour and a half so my son can catch few perch.......mission accomplished

The tech data:

Williams half/half and Meegs both got me fish as did the W3 perch color rapala for perch.

Lots of people on the ice today.....nobody works anymore I guess

But have not seen one fish been caught by others....and I drove around....yep...drove my Accord all over....much better experience than walking and very convenient for my son to warm up every time he gets cold....not to mention good barrier for the bad North wind today too

2 of the three whities were naturals.

Here is a shot of my happy Boy at the end of the trip:

He is already asking me for the next one ha ha ha

IMG00148.jpg

Cheers,

Ice Fisherman

Williams half/half and Meegs both got me fish as did the W3 perch color rapala for perch.

how were you fishing the williams and meegs - thanks...........did you tip the meegs with a tube/color?.....thanks

Right off the bottom for both.

very gentle movement.

Yes for the tube - white or chartreuse...

Cheers,

Ice Fisherman

First of all did you see the nice little laker in Emils picture....er...sorry...that was his last post :whistling: . Nice job Emil. Glad the weatherman co-operated. Nice weather really helps when you bring the kids out. Although I remember your young lad toughing out that cold windy day last winter down Niagara way for smelts.

Thx for the report.

Right off the bottom for both.

very gentle movement.

Yes for the tube - white or chartreuse...

Cheers,

Ice Fisherman

Just a ??? for you "ice----man".

When you say gentle movement do you find it is enough to put some flash to the williams???

Was up at Lake Simcoe Tuesday and being a complete noob had to fiddle around with the presentation on the half/half.

Only way "I" found to make it work the way "I" thought it should was to give a generous sweep with the rod then let the lure drop. Mind you I had lifted it high enough in the column to see what was actually happening before dropping it back down near the bottom.

BTW we got the big white stripe that day :blush:

Just a ??? for you "ice----man".

When you say gentle movement do you find it is enough to put some flash to the williams???

Was up at Lake Simcoe Tuesday and being a complete noob had to fiddle around with the presentation on the half/half.

Only way "I" found to make it work the way "I" thought it should was to give a generous sweep with the rod then let the lure drop. Mind you I had lifted it high enough in the column to see what was actually happening before dropping it back down near the bottom.

BTW we got the big white stripe that day :blush:

Lot of people do it the way you described "generous sweep"....

that works too some times...but results in often times foul hooking the fish or snagging it.

The way I was talking describing almost always you hook the fish in the mouth...you still do one longer movement every once and a while to attract the fish but the rest of the time gentle is the way to go.

Again...it all depends on the particular day and mood of the fish...what work one day may need to be changed for the next day...don't be afraid to experiement.

Cheers,

Ice Fisherman

Edited by icefisherman