short RANT and need help NF

Handlebarz

Well it is now 10 days and I talked to the repair place they called there Supplier who still has not gotten my part in what is there that can be done? I would think this should be a major part in supply am I stupid to think that a unit that is less then 10 years old would not be able to get parts???

I am not sure how I feel other then not happy at all maybe even pissed alot.

Sorry for the ones who did not see the first post a couple weeks ago my furnace quit the first repair guy sucked the second said the heat exchanger was bad then tagged my furnace putting it out of comision.

I have 5 heaters going and the gas fire place going on high what a waste of money.

I feel for ya Mike...

Mom's been battling with the idiots at Sears/Direct Energy/Fisher Paykel to get our washing machine fixed...

problems since day 1...

we were without a washer for 2 months... i went out and bought a used unit, till this issue gets resolved...

only advise i can offer you is see if any places that worked on or saw the unit are part of the Better Business Bureau...

tell them you'll launch a complaint if they don't resolve the issue...

in the end we're still the beotches cause we have to wait like idiots for them to fix it or send someone competant that can!

Well i'm a purchaser for a company and trust me when it comes to parts being B/O thats the norm these days. Do to the way the economy is most places are not stocking parts and places that make them are running smaller lots. I had $100000 machines down for 2 months because of B/O parts. All you can do is get the part # and start looking on line or call yourself and find the part.

Like Lloyd said... not a great environment for parts shopping right now. YOu may have to grab the bull by the horn and source it yourself... I also have a bad feeling that you are intentionally being jerked around hoping that they can sell you a complete new furnace. I don't buy the hole in the exchanger keeping it from lighting in the first place...

we had problems on our rooftop heaters here at the shop...

the welds on the seams of the heat exchangers rusted through, so gas was going into the system...

sensor noticed the presence of gas and wouldn't light, we had no heat... it happened to both units, not just 1

might not be total bull that he's telling you...

but i agree with Wayne, he probably wants to sell you a new heater...

I would be sending them a registered letter giving them 7 days to rectify the problem to your satisfaction or you will have a new furnace installed by some other supplier and take them to court to recover your costs. They have an obligation to supply you with the necessary parts and service in a timely manner and removing a persons primary sourse of heat in the middle of the winter and for 10 days is not resolving the issue in a timly manner.

I feel for ya Mike...

Mom's been battling with the idiots at Sears/Direct Energy/Fisher Paykel to get our washing machine fixed...

problems since day 1...

we were without a washer for 2 months... i went out and bought a used unit, till this issue gets resolved...

only advise i can offer you is see if any places that worked on or saw the unit are part of the Better Business Bureau...

tell them you'll launch a complaint if they don't resolve the issue...

in the end we're still the beotches cause we have to wait like idiots for them to fix it or send someone competant that can!

Uncle Buck, my grandmother had a similar problem with Sears, and after trying a few different things, we were able to get it resolved.

PM me and I can tell you what to do.

Well it is now 10 days and I talked to the repair place they called there Supplier who still has not gotten my part in what is there that can be done? I would think this should be a major part in supply am I stupid to think that a unit that is less then 10 years old would not be able to get parts???

I am not sure how I feel other then not happy at all maybe even pissed alot.

Sorry for the ones who did not see the first post a couple weeks ago my furnace quit the first repair guy sucked the second said the heat exchanger was bad then tagged my furnace putting it out of comision.

I have 5 heaters going and the gas fire place going on high what a waste of money.

As I mentioned when I quoted Uncle Buck, we had a lack of customer service from Sears in almost the same fashion.

Although most of what we did was unique to Sears, I can tell you what we did to get their attention.

I wrote an e-mail, addressed to the CEO of the Sears, explaining the problems my grandmother had been having and the terrible customer service. I CC'd every major newspaper in Toronto, the BBB, and Silverman Helps (a local consumer advocate who is no longer on the air).

After weeks of trying to get things resolved, the e-mail got their attention pretty quick. I got a response the next day from a fairly powerful employee of the company, and he set the wheels in motion for my grandmother to have the dishwasher, not fixed, but replaced.

Edited by ADB