Caught another Pike today

MCTFisher9120

I am with you on this one Dirk. I find blurring backgrounds to be ridiculous and as a general rule won`t even bother to look at the pictures if they have been ruined, seems to me that when people do this it is more about looking for praise and a pat on the back.

I am sure people have been catching fish out of that lake long before you were born young fella and will continue to do so. I would hazard a guess that you probably did not find this lake on your own more than likely someone told you about it and more than likely that someone who told you was told by someone else and so on.

Mike I am sure your a nice young man but I find it a little curious that someone who asks a gazzilion questions on this form would bother to do that.

I might invite you out Bass fishing next year if you don`t mind wearing a blindfold.LOL

I totally disagree with you.. Next time you post a successful report please PM me and the rest of the people on this site where you were fishin and what was working.. Im sure i'll be hearing from you :wallbash:

If you dont like blurred backgorunds quit lookin at these reports. Simple as that.

I agree, I found it a bit frustrating reading reports from river fisherman where they always blurred it, but finding great fishing spots down in Southern Ontario is hard to do. I, like river fishermen depend on these areas for the up most of success. If you really, really don't know of a good area to fish then I hard it hard to believe you are a good fisherman and perhaps why you are also arguing for me to share my fishing spot. Sure, when I find my 2nd good fishing spot I'll share it with the world. But at this time friends and family are the only people I share valuable or important info like this with. I'm sure you would not take a stranger off the street and share with them where you forgot your lost wallet full of money.

You would tell somebody who you know and trust will do the beneficial and more responsible thing. How do I know every fish caught will be released, or when that stranger off the street is going to bring my wallet back....Get my drift.

so I was lookin around the site at pictures.. and came across plenty of "blurred out photos.. many of them being them creek dwellers fishin tribs.. and well i wont go there.. cause apparently if they post a pic thats not photoshoped .. there spots will be invaded cuz some how them trout guys can find those exact trees right next to there "perfect pool".. but this is a little different.. say i was fishin scugog .. and i took a picture .. and in the background there was a vo's independent . and a causway in the background.. every one of us could get on google.. and type in vos independent grocers.. and v'wallah Vo's independent .. port perry ont.. hwy 7a..right next to the causway.. hmm that was easy .. next day theres 2, then 5, then 10 more average jo's fishin there.. cuz well its that easy..

just lets put our backs down guys .. it boggles me that some people get all amped up over things like some one blurring the background of there pictures.. sure it would be nice to catch a fish just like that .. or maybe get a chance to take a swing at "the one that got away" .. cuz well you know you can totaly get it .. and the reporter just didnt know what he was doing or how to fish ..

- a fellow angler

I totally disagree with you.. Next time you post a successful report please PM me and the rest of the people on this site where you were fishin and what was working.. Im sure i'll be hearing from you :wallbash:

If you dont like blurred backgorunds quit lookin at these reports. Simple as that.

I doubt if the membership here would be all that interested in the handful of spots I fish each year.

I had a trailer on Scugog for a few years and got to know the lake fairly well and on a few ocassions I recieved pm`s asking for some help with the lake and I never refused to help a fellow angler.

I find blurrred backgrounds ridiculous and when someone who does it that has probably not had to pay for a fishing license yet doubly so.

And stop banging your head against the wall it`s okay for people to disagree.

I doubt if the membership here would be all that interested in the handful of spots I fish each year.

I had a trailer on Scugog for a few years and got to know the lake fairly well and on a few ocassions I recieved pm`s asking for some help with the lake and I never refused to help a fellow angler.

I find blurrred backgrounds ridiculous and when someone who does it that has probably not had to pay for a fishing license yet doubly so.

And stop banging your head against the wall it`s okay for people to disagree.

the past 10 years I lived in PortPerry and fished scugog "ALOT" last summer for example i was in a car accident and well when i wasnt in physio I was fishing just about every single day. and when some one i went to school with, or played sports with in the past.. even MTB who i met fishing off the pier down town port perry.. e-mailed me and said hey .. I would love to have an opportunity to catch some fish i didnt hessitate.. I know the lake quite well.. and I figgured I could help them out.. though I really dont find this the same situation.. when you or I would help some one out .. say take them out in the boat .. there is the hole lake to fish .. in the situation the spot we fish is easily recognizable.. like I mentioned befor in my last post.. its easy to find.. but If we were to say .. we caught the fish in kawartha lakes you guys would blow up with questions.. rice,balsome,scug,sturgeon , tri's ... etc .. so we figgured we wouldnt go there either..

how bout this.. if you guys are good.. maybe you'll get a treat... and maybe, just maybe that treat will be mtb's new playground..

the past 10 years I lived in PortPerry and fished scugog "ALOT" last summer for example i was in a car accident and well when i wasnt in physio I was fishing just about every single day. and when some one i went to school with, or played sports with in the past.. even MTB who i met fishing off the pier down town port perry.. e-mailed me and said hey .. I would love to have an opportunity to catch some fish i didnt hessitate.. I know the lake quite well.. and I figgured I could help them out.. though I really dont find this the same situation.. when you or I would help some one out .. say take them out in the boat .. there is the hole lake to fish .. in the situation the spot we fish is easily recognizable.. like I mentioned befor in my last post.. its easy to find.. but If we were to say .. we caught the fish in kawartha lakes you guys would blow up with questions.. rice,balsome,scug,sturgeon , tri's ... etc .. so we figgured we wouldnt go there either..

how bout this.. if you guys are good.. maybe you'll get a treat... and maybe, just maybe that treat will be mtb's new playground..

Your last couple of post are quite entertaining!

I hate to tell you young fella but most people here are not hanging on your everyword and waiting for you and Mike to throw us a bone!!!

Your last couple of post are quite entertaining!

I hate to tell you young fella but most people here are not hanging on your everyword and waiting for you and Mike to throw us a bone!!!

haha what can I say..

and well.. "hate" is a strong word.. does that mean you are going to begin stalking MTB or myself ? lol cause we have already went over the fact that no one can tell the location of this fishing hole..

I'm in favor of the last option!

how bout "green backed Tarpon"?

I think you guys are forgetting you are talking about snot rockets :) I don't think you need to worry about anyone invading your secret spots..

My thoughts exactly.

Darcy

I was joking .. since this thread has blown up into a huge joke..

who really cares if one wants to Blurr out the background of his or her photo? mike is normally great for telling people everything about his adventures and the past two outings he has decided to keep his location on the DL .. and every one starts harping ? would you have prefered if he didnt post pics at all in this situation? .. cuz if thats the case he would have a whole other bandwagon of members saying .. oh i dont believe you .. where are the pics to prove it..

im just sticking up for a friend and a fellow angler.. who has his own beliefs .. as many of you do..

Ok, so...I got more snot rocket info...I've only seen a hand full of Pike so far this winter, and some real nice fish too. Not many people that can say in their first 6 or 7 trips out Ice fishing they have caught 4 Pike over 6lbs, a whitefish, a 11lb 5oz laketrout, 5 perch over 12" long, a solid Black Crappie even a darn 3lb Bowfin...Like honestly boys I just once would like to keep a spot of mine secret. I can relay and have done so in many PM's over the time I've been here on good fishing spots and helping anglers out as many of you. I love to fish and when I have friends on a forum I love to broadcast and share my day of fishing with them through some photo's and a quick report.

It's fun to be able to share with a bunch of people how I did out on the water. This is a joke and the older fokes on here need to stop arguine with people that are clearly "young kids" in their minds. I love to Ice fish and have done well being this is my first season Ice fishing. Be warned, more reports to come...

1) It's a report, be thankful people share them

2) Even though blurring backgrounds is kinda funny/stupid.....not to mention it ruins the picture....who cares?

3) Why do A LOT of posts on this site turn into online flaming matches?!

Just be happy for the kid.

Man oh man!

Good job Mike...keep up the good work.

1) It's a report, be thankful people share them

2) Even though blurring backgrounds is kinda funny/stupid.....not to mention it ruins the picture....who cares?

3) Why do A LOT of posts on this site turn into online flaming matches?!

Just be happy for the kid.

Man oh man!

Good job Mike...keep up the good work.

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You think this site is bad, Jamie...you should see the Niagara one! See you on Sunday for some walleye, dude!!