Fish, Hunt, or both?

Gravyboat

I fish and Hunt and sometime at the same time Moose hunting from a canoe while draging a spoon catching Northern pike and large Specks, also hunt Deer, Turkey, Grouse & Jack Rabbits. No more Ducks or Geese, you can blame steel shot. Love the outdoors and the outdoors will love you back.

New to me Archie. When I did my stuff any vehicle/vessel was out of bounds unless hunting water fowl. Regs still state: Snowmobiles, vehicles or boats may not be used for chasing, pursuing, harassing, capturing, killing, injuring or destroying any wildlife.. and the definition of a boat according to the OMNR hunting regs is any power boat... be it motor powered or muscular powered. I have an open mind.. if you can point me to the reg stating shooting from a canoe is okay...

Edited by irishfield

I fish and Hunt and sometime at the same time Moose hunting from a canoe while draging a spoon catching Northern pike and large Specks, also hunt Deer, Turkey, Grouse & Jack Rabbits. No more Ducks or Geese, you can blame steel shot. Love the outdoors and the outdoors will love you back.

I don't know when the last time you used steel shot was, but it kills them just fine for me and my buds. Get them a little closer and shoot thier face off :P

S.

I don't know when the last time you used steel shot was, but it kills them just fine for me and my buds. Get them a little closer and shoot thier face off :P

S.

HUGE difference in steel shot compared to lead shot.......that's why the rest of the hunting world

(rabbit, squirrel, pheasant, turkey, partridge, woodcock, etc....) is still using LEAD and not steel shot.....

BTW....I fish and hunt deer, ducks pheasants, woodcock, rabbits squirrel, partridge, etc....also pilferage, plunder, grow things and collect edibles...... :)

Edited by Billy Bob

Jim i think this is probably true with 75% of the hunters on the board. We grew up doing it and its like a family tradition that our fathers, fathers showed them. It comes natural too me i have been shooting guns since i was 9 years old and hunting since i was 12.

As for hunting accidents SOME ppl shouldn't even be allowed to own a firearm thats my view on any hunting accident...

I love both sports just waiting on a buddy right now to go chase yotes.. :P

Edited by Curtis

When someone invents C&R hunting I'll try it. :D

I wish I knew more about wild life photography.

JF

i take a camera everywhere i go hunting\fishing\driving. unfortunately i got a skunking this year but have many photos when not actually hunting so still had a great year.even a 130 class at the GTA airport. another 10 pointer goes even bigger but just a bit out of 4x camera range. that's C&R . hunting aint always what you kill but more like what you take home without taking anything.