* UPDATE* The Intruder got a new Look LOL

Leecher

Ok guys when I got back from my golden skunk this afternoon, started thinking about patterns I could apply to my project and since some offered names for it in my other thread...... decided to go with "THE INTRUDER" I think the name is appropriate for the size of this thing :lol::lol:

Thanks Chris aka Spiel for your suggestion...... much appreciated :thumbsup_anim:B)

Black, chartreuse and orange were the color of choice...... not completely finished yet, still have some small details to work out...... here it is 90% completed

Enjoy

IMGP2151.jpg

IMGP2152.jpg

IMGP2153.jpg

Will keep you posted on further development

Leechman

...... decided to go with "THE INTRUDER" I think the name is appropriate for the size of this thing :lol::lol:

Thanks Chris aka Spiel for your suggestion...... much appreciated :thumbsup_anim:B)

Glad you liked it Jacques. :)

Now that you've got some paint on it I think it's safe to say "looking good". :D:thumbsup_anim:

Glad you liked it Jacques. :)

Now that you've got some paint on it I think it's safe to say "looking good". :D:thumbsup_anim:

Thanks Chris!!! yeah it's safe now ;):lol:

i hope you are sealing your lures before painting. just a thought to avoid dis-apointment

I usually apply two coats of white and two of color..... then to seal it, two of varnish the outdoors type :)

outlaw raises a good point Jacques...if you condition the wood first youll get probably 1/4 " penetration then a sanding sealer and 1/8th penetration into the conditioner then prime and paint ...that way when a toothy critter bites into it ...your lure will still be protected from water penetration at the bite marks

Jacques, the bare wood should be sealed first before any paint goes on it other wise the wood will swell (no pun intended on the intruder) and the paint will flake off in no time.

outlaw raises a good point Jacques...if you condition the wood first youll get probably 1/4 " penetration then a sanding sealer and 1/8th penetration into the conditioner then prime and paint ...that way when a toothy critter bites into it ...your lure will still be protected from water penetration at the bite marks

Thanks Roy and Twocoda!!! Yes makes sense and definitely should be sealed before any paint applied, just never though of it until outlaw and you guys mentioned it <_<

But no worries..... if a toothy critter damages The Intruder...... I'll just have to make another :wacko::lol:

Improve version next time around :)

Thanks for your comments and inputs guys much appreciated B)

Have you tested this yet? how does it sit it in the water? Hate to see you go through all this work and it not work.

Paul

It sat flat on it's side before I had the front of the piece round..... now it's just off a little on one side, but think when I add the eyelets, rings and big treble hooks, may sit correctly and hoping it does :)

If not it will be added to the trophy wall as an exhibition :lol: amongst the others.

Thanks Paul for your concerns

Jacques

What epoxy clear coat do you prefer for the lure? I'm a bit partial to D2T. btw saw this great painting tip using a plastic bag and airbrush. http://www.tackleunderground.com/community...768eaa310ea1f86

Don't know the product at all Syn :dunno: I use varnish for the final coats. I'm just a beginner at this..... I see I have a lot to learn about painting lures :blush:

Thanks for your insights, much appreciated!!!

Don't know the product at all Syn :dunno: I use varnish for the final coats. I'm just a beginner at this..... I see I have a lot to learn about painting lures :blush:

Thanks for your insights, much appreciated!!!

oh sorry I should have expanded. D2T= Devcon 2 ton epoxy (the 30 minute not the 5minute) http://www.hhq.com.au/store/images/pt_24433.jpeg

Another very popular one is the dick nite topcoat epoxy. Pros and cons to both epoxies. Tons of info about it in the hardbait subforum at tackle underground forum.

Edited by Syn

oh sorry I should have expanded. D2T= Devcon 2 ton epoxy (the 30 minute not the 5minute) http://www.hhq.com.au/store/images/pt_24433.jpeg

Another very popular one is the dick nite topcoat epoxy. Pros and cons to both epoxies. Tons of info about it in the hardbait subforum at tackle underground forum.

Awesome Syn :thumbsup_anim: Thanks for the link....