Niagara fishing report -pics-

Cast Adventures

Hey everyone!

Haven't posted anything for some time now.....As of Monday afternoon the Niagara blew out again, right now its brown and packed full of ice......Lake Erie hasn't locked up with ice yet so every time we get strong SW, W winds conditions turn for the worst. Erie's water temps are 32 and only 20% of the lake has ice.....kind of a wacked year to say the least..If the winds will just stay down for a bit, the ice will have a chance to set up....But we have had some great fishing, last week conditions were prime and the anglers were doing well both from shore and from the boats. Classic winter steelhead persentations are producing fish! The bite can really change from day to day.....even hour to hour! A good mix of darkies and fresh silvers are in the system now, seems to be more brown trout this year in the river. Mostly smaller browns with the odd 8-10 lb fish in the mix.......one report of an 18lb brown from a few weeks ago!

I've attached a just few pictures from last thurs-to-Monday morning. Just something to help with the winter blues! :)

001.jpg

006.jpg

009.jpg

023.jpg

025.jpg

031.jpg

034.jpg

012.jpg

002.jpg

Winter steelhead fishing is just starting in the Niagara region with the best part of the season still to come! 2010 has been outstanding, both for fly fishing and gear! Be safe on the ice, good fishing to all!

see you on the river,

Paul Castellano

come on jeff we all know you cant catch fish!

its true its true i've caught a grand total of 3 trout this season , last year at this time i had like 125 just a slight drop ,

Oh man i hate my job :P

Edited by BONDAR