Lowrance 522C vs. X67C ice machines

motion

Hi Guys. I am having an issue with my Lowrance 522C that I use on my boat in the summer and have the ice kit for the hard water season. I cant seem to get the unit to work properly. I have tried everything from playing with the sensitivity, downloading the latest software from Lowrance, setting it to Iceview, playing with ping and chart speed etc.

My buddy has an X67C that works great. I have fished with him in my hut and have tried both units in the same hole (powering up one at a time). There is no comparison. The X67C wins hands down. It shows better movement of the jig and action on the bottom (tried 35 FOW to 100 FOW).

I went to Radioworld, where I originally bought the 522C, yesterday and we made one change to the transducer setting from generic to the specific 20 degree ice ducer. I don't know if that will make a huge difference (I'm hoping it will).

I was told by a few people that the 522C is supposed to be a better unit than the X67C. Its more powerful, has a larger colour screen, etc. I don't see that (yet). I also have a X102 from my boat that I was going to set up for ice for my son to use but I am undecided if I spend the 210.00 for an ice kit or the 350.00 for an X67C.

Any thoughts?

Thank-you in advance.

Edited by motion

Thanks limeyangler. In do have it the manual mode set in sonar settings. I have not tested it since I have changed the tranducer setting. As I said, I'm off tomorow morning to play with it again. i'll let you know how I make out and if the unit behaves for me.

Cheers.

i have a question that will also fit with this topic i was given a fish finder right befor christam it is new and un opened the box says it a lowrance X67C but when i opened the box later noticed it was an eagle so my question is there an eagle version of the X67C or is there anything i can do about it never got a recete and have no idea where it was bought

i have a question that will also fit with this topic i was given a fish finder right befor christam it is new and un opened the box says it a lowrance X67C but when i opened the box later noticed it was an eagle so my question is there an eagle version of the X67C or is there anything i can do about it never got a recete and have no idea where it was bought

Eagle are a subsidiary of Lowrance....the eagle cuda's for example are in exactly the same housing as the Lowrance X67c....just different features. So to answer your question...no....its not an X67c, but depending on which model Eagle it is it could be identical in everything but name.

Sounds like someone packed a display model only got mistaken because the Eagles look exactly the same as the x67c...very strange.

What model Eagle is it?

I don't have the model numbers with me (and can't be bothered looking them up) but at the boat show the guy from Lowrance told me to get the Eagle model of low-end colour rather that the X67C. That they are virtually identical but the resolution on the Eagle was actually better. Then he demonstrated them side by side and he was right.

So don't look a gift horse in the mouth, you've got the better unit.

Jim

Hey motion,

I have these identical units and have had them for a few years now. I still use a 334 which is the previous model of the 522. I can walk you through it if you need it done. You can tag along with me one day if need be and I can show you how to do so. I have mine dialed in same as a flasher unit. Amazing response. The ice ducer is the major trick. The units tend to burp or hicup sometimes, still not sure why. These are better units as you have a GPS and you can record your trips as well as record your Sonar logs for future reference. If you have the manual, read the ice section. You can dial these in very good.

Well I was out yesterday and was able to play with both units. I was able to fine tune the X102 to show me some action in 98 FOW but could not get the X522 to repond as well. I'm going to keep trying to get it to work in future trips. I am going to get a new transducer as well so I can give one of the units to Jr.

I think I have tried everthing that I could play with on the units with only limited success.

Thanks to everyone for your help.

Cheers.