I Bought My First Snowmobile!

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

NICE!! not my style but NICE! good choice on getting the higher cc liquid cooled motor! forget all those slow elmer fudd fan cooled sleds! those 700s are known to be bullet proof motors and everyone was upset they stopped making them. give some more details on the sled, miles, price, etc.

ohhh now you can go fishing with the real men :D

Guest ThisPlaceSucks
NICE!! not my style but NICE! good choice on getting the higher cc liquid cooled motor! forget all those slow elmer fudd fan cooled sleds! those 700s are known to be bullet proof motors and everyone was upset they stopped making them. give some more details on the sled, miles, price, etc.

ohhh now you can go fishing with the real men :D

900 miles (whatever km's that is)... paid 4.

fishing with real men? right buddy!

i heard you just liked the sled because of how the vibrations felt on your...

Guest ThisPlaceSucks
nice one...gonna get a trail permit?

not sure. i'm not really big on trail riding, i purchased it more to fish all the stocked lakes closer town, and to access my camp in winter with my wife and son.

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

no power auger for me. i had a son for that very purpose.

i will itemize every hole i drill for the little guy, and when he hits puberty, he can return the favour!

no power auger for me. i had a son for that very purpose.

i will itemize every hole i drill for the little guy, and when he hits puberty, he can return the favour!

g'luk with that plan...I have a 20 yo and it doesn't work

I hope you like your machine. It wouldn't be my choice either. Great for 2 up riding on trails but other than that.....don't go into snow over 12 inches, never leave the trail and stay away form any kind of slush on the ice.

If you want to crank it when the battery is dead.....good luck. Big motors may be fun but are crap to crank when it's cold. Even the old 540 cc often took 2 people to pull the crank. Store an extra battery and booster cables.

Is the heat exchanger under the seat? I also hated machines that had that....you end up with a wet rear end and accumulated ice between the tunnel and the track.

Guest ThisPlaceSucks
i itemize every hole i drill :lol:

just buggin' ya dr.

but really, you think you can handle the 700?? :P

to be honest it's more speed than i need but it's nice to know that power is there when i need it. scared my old man RAVE sled will give your sled a run for it's money?

I hope you like your machine. It wouldn't be my choice either. Great for 2 up riding on trails but other than that.....don't go into snow over 12 inches, never leave the trail and stay away form any kind of slush on the ice.

If you want to crank it when the battery is dead.....good luck. Big motors may be fun but are crap to crank when it's cold. Even the old 540 cc often took 2 people to pull the crank. Store an extra battery and booster cables.

Is the heat exchanger under the seat? I also hated machines that had that....you end up with a wet rear end and accumulated ice between the tunnel and the track.

From my experience this isn't true. Like I said, I have the same machine with the 600cc motor.

1. snow over 12"... come on!

2. Slush on the lake... I power through slush on the ice. Put it to the bar and ride out of the slush every time! I've been stopped in bad slush (to fish) and powered right out of it.

3. I can easily hand pull my machine in -20. Can't imagine it's THAT much harder with 100 more cc's. Cables and extra battery aren't a bad idea though, just to be safe.

4. heat exchanger is under the seat. You will not end up with a wet rear end but you will accumulate ice between the tunnel and the track.

Your sled is an awesome ice fishing machine for 2 ppl. Will tow a loaded toboggan no problem and get you where you need to go.

900 miles (whatever km's that is)... paid 4.

fishing with real men? right buddy!

i heard you just liked the sled because of how the vibrations felt on your...

great price...!! now you need snow... I also just bough a sled and hardly any snow within 2 hours of my place

Edited by cityfisher

I'm pretty excited!

Here she is boys!

I bought the 700cc in the silver colour.

Cheers!

http://www.ski-doo.com/SkiDooPublic/_Stati.../GT_2002_GS.pdf

Nice, hopefully you have more snow up there so you can actually use it! Enjoy the ice fishing up in the northland!

Hey Doc.

I will give you some advice on Ski-Doo sleds with Raves. If it is cold, like -20 or lower, you have to let Ski-Doo's warm up for a few minutes before you jump on them and pin it. They have a reputation of blowing pistons if they are not warmed up enough. Found out from experience and the mechanics advice.

Be sure to run a good oil. Synthetic is more money, but it is better.

I have a 700 SKS now, and I have no problem pulling it over when very cold. You should pull it over just a bit to loosen things up. Even half a pull is good. It just takes some strain off the battery from the start.

Happy trails.

JTF