So much water on Sturgeon lake that there are actually waves

Big Cliff

I was going to try a little fishing this afternoon thinking that this warm weather might have turned the fish on. Well, I was going to try until I looked out the window and saw the waves that is. I fear there are going to be some ice huts frozen in as soon as the temp drops again. Be careful if you are going out.

I was going to try a little fishing this afternoon thinking that this warm weather might have turned the fish on. Well, I was going to try until I looked out the window and saw the waves that is. I fear there are going to be some ice huts frozen in as soon as the temp drops again. Be careful if you are going out.

I knew drilling all those holes was going to catch up to you Cliff!!! ;)

I never thought about the water trapped on top of the ice and freezing in the huts. What do you do in that case??? Not that I will ever have that issue...just curious.

Art

Jackhammer! :P

We're gonna gain a whole lot of ice once that all freezes!! Should be easy access everywhere next weekend.

s.

...as long as we get some snow from now til then, otherwise bring your skates.

...as long as we get some snow from now til then, otherwise bring your skates.

No snow for me thanks. I'll take glare ice anytime. Not so good for guys with sleds, but driving and walking (with cleats) will be a breeze. A good set of cleats are worth thier weight in gold on glare ice.

They're calling for a few flurries all week, so we'll have to see what happens. We could get nothing, or we could get pounded.......you never know.

S.