Future of the Great Lakes

hammercarp

There is definately cause for alarm. Our best defense is to keep spreading the word and pressuring the Government to do more to protect our Great Lakes. Unfortunately Protecting the Environment doesn't seem to to be much of a priority for the current Harper Government. I hope more people take taht into consideration during the next election.

And vote for who?...that idiot Iggy?

All I can say it at least it will take them a while to hit northern lake huron and Superior...by then there will be enough bears to eat em all.

And vote for who?...that idiot Iggy?

All I can say it at least it will take them a while to hit northern lake huron and Superior...by then there will be enough bears to eat em all.

Sounds like a good plan. We'll catch the carp and feed the bears with them. That will keep the bears out of trouble.

Of course being a gov't run operation it will probably cost the same as feeding the bears fillet mignon.

Sounds like a good plan. We'll catch the carp and feed the bears with them. That will keep the bears out of trouble.

Of course being a gov't run operation it will probably cost the same as feeding the bears fillet mignon.

As long as the coyotes don't eat the bears.

Obama has been told of this, so when it makes economic sense

these fish will be taken care of...

...oh ya, that makes me feel so much better...as long as Obama has been told... :rolleyes:

Knowing of this decision by Obama forced me to word things the way i did. Closing access from the Mississippi to the Great Lakes really makes no economic sense. It cuts off a major shipping route to Chicago, Detroit, Toronto, Montreal etc...

Hopefully they won't adapt...they are still in the same area they were in 5+ yrs. ago.

--Yes

Well Said!

great thread--this is something though to be concerned about and am glad our Community is discussing it--one fish-for now-- the current aquatic DNA evidence may be another thing though right?

Live BigHead Carp sold in the GTA and Surrounding Area is pretty disturbing too if they enter the Great Lakes

The Lakes are their own Stewards-Nature always seems to work these things out

personally i have faith that Fisheries and Oceans Canada still have one of the most technically advanced,monitoring,control and surveillance programmes on the planet

just my 2 cents

ID1

BELIEVE

Too bad there isn't a way to train cormorants to feed exclusively on these asian carp, that would be a blessing!

Perhaps these carp could also be harvested solely for fertilizer? I remember reading somewhere dead carp produce very fertile soil, not sure how much truth there is to this though.

Something like this

200px-Recycling_plant.jpg

but for Asian carp :lol:

Too bad there isn't a way to train cormorants to feed exclusively on these asian carp, that would be a blessing!

Perhaps these carp could also be harvested solely for fertilizer? I remember reading somewhere dead carp produce very fertile soil, not sure how much truth there is to this though.

Something like this

200px-Recycling_plant.jpg

but for Asian carp :lol:

Cormorants are indeed trainable. It has been done for hundreds maybe thousands of years.