Mini Report - 1 pic Included :)

Leecher

Well today had book the day off because of the mild temps but most importantly was looking forward to hitting my favorite lake for eyes B)

Unfortunately for me the eyes were no where to be seen <_< but managed to land my first fish of 2010 :)

The day started on a positive note when I looked at the thermometer from my kitchen window..... it read 0C B)

Left home at 6:30am and got to destination at 7:30am.... not a soul out on the lake B) so proceeded to drilling 4 holes to start with. Had 3 set lines rigged with #3 Octopus hooks tipped with dead minnows and a jigging rod rigged with a Buck shot spoon tipped with a minnow head.

Ice was good with 10" of black ice, no wind and over cast. Had steady action on one set line but could not get any fish to commit :wallbash:

A couple hours went by before I was able to ice this big brute on the jigging rod :w00t: and boy, was I ever happy to finally see it on the ice..... the battle lasted a fraction of a second, check it out :lol:

DSC03064.jpg

After that got a few hit and miss and at 1:00pm called it a day. Got back home around 2:30pm.

All in all was a great time spent on the hard stuff and looking forward to do it again :D

Hope you enjoy

Leechman

...is that a photo of your bait? Perch is illegal to use as bait!

Haha, I'm just playing around :)

You did and didn't get skunked ;)

Ohhhh Nooooo you got me :lol:

You're a funny guy Dozer :lol: joke / joke :lol:

Yeah next time I'll try and get into some eyes somehow B)

Beats sitting at home Jacques.

I hear you Bruce.... the weather was nice out there today but the wind picked up from the North late morning and by 1:00pm was brutal :angry: wasn't wearing a tuque and thought my ears were going to fall off :lol:

Excellent!

!st fish of the year is sweet....dont matter what or how big.

I hear ya about fish that are shy of commitment....they need relationship therapy...they need to learn to love that hook.

Good job Jacques

now stop whittling sticks (although they are great looking lures) and get out some more!

Excellent!

!st fish of the year is sweet....dont matter what or how big.

I hear ya about fish that are shy of commitment....they need relationship therapy...they need to learn to love that hook.

Good job Jacques

now stop whittling sticks (although they are great looking lures) and get out some more!

Thanks Simon!!! It sure was nice to be out there today and I promise to spend more time fishing then whittling sticks :angel::lol:

nothing like getting out and thinking about nothing but FISH! B)

Peaceful time for sure :thumbsup_anim:B)

Congrats on the first fish of 2010 Jacques!!! :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing:

You said the temps were mild, but that looks pretty dang cold to me with all that snow on the ground!

You should wear a jacket with a hood for those cold ears Bubba!

Thanks Glen!!! Yes the temps were mild, 0C.... Had my beaver skin hat with me but did not put it on..... WHY..... I Don't know :lol:

Got the first one down....many more to come :D

Thanks Johnny!!! I sure hope so :lol: