Quebec Drivers NF

HTHM

I had to do a run to Drummondville and back yesterday, and I have to say that the "reckless" Quebec driver is wrong. They do drive very well there. I found going through Montreal during the afternoon rush was a decent experience.

One thing that impressed me was the fact that they do not rubberneck at accidents and other visual distractions. As well, lane disciple is very good, the passing lane is just that, a passing lane. They switch out and switch back in, its great!

The transition from the 401 to the 20 was striking also. I went from a snow covered passing lane to a clear path of ashphalt two lanes wide. This is during a snowfall!

Kudos to Quebec.

One thing that impressed me was the fact that they do not rubberneck at accidents and other visual distractions.

The transition from the 401 to the 20 was striking also. I went from a snow covered passing lane to a clear path of ashphalt two lanes wide. This is during a snowfall!

Kudos to Quebec.

Its a little nerve wracking to rubber neck when your doing 140 km in a 80 zone = Quebec driver

Again its hard for the snow to stay on the pavement when your doing 160 km in a snow storm = Quebec driver

:stretcher::stretcher:

Thanks but there's good and bad drivers everywhere. Time of day sometimes has a lot to do with it. Did you cross to the South shore using one of the bridges or did you take the tunnel?

I am not sure which way I went, on the way in I took the route around Montreal..... on the way back I went through the interior of Montreal and took the 20. I went through a tunnel and then over a bridge. Nice town and the scenery is great!

I will have occasion to go there again soon, so perhaps I will take you up on your offer.

sounds like my day yesterday, 6 skids to Campbellford, 3 to Kanata, 3 to Ottawa, 3 to Rockland, 3 to Hawkesbury, 6 to Drummondville, then back to Hawkesbury to pickup 16 skids (70000lbs of shingles) back to London. The evening rush was very smooth through the swamp and made it back to Hawkesbury in 2.5 hrs! Go back to Montreal in the summertime and then check out the scenery (in the cars) Some of those poor Montreal girls can barely afford a full set of clothing :thumbsup_anim:

I do disagree with you on the snow removal (although 20 gets better treatment than 40 does) Usually just past the border going into Quebec the left lane has a "token" sprinkling of sand on it while both laes on the 401 (or 417 )are nice and clear.

The drivers are very respectfull of trucks once you get off the island for sure!

jjcanoe

Sounds like you got lucky. I agree with Roy. Good and bad drivers are everywhere. I encounter aggressive ones when I go thru Quebec enroute to New Brunswick every July. I don't think anyone does the 70 in those 2 lanes with the cement barriers like 2 feet outside the lanes. Talk about scary. And no one does the limit thru the tunnel either but that's not so bad. I've never seen the scenery jjcanoe is talkin' about. :o Hopefully this year.