Lowrance= NOW THAT IS SERVICE!!!

Ron

Just wanted to let everyone know about how the service was up at Lowrance office in Mississauga.

I was having issues with one of my X135's and made arrangements to go to head office and got them to look at my finders. I explained to him how I use them for ice fishing and he told me to bring the whole setup for him to see. He was impressed to say the least with the setup I had made. Upon listening to what problems I had with the units (I brought both up), he checked the transducer and sure enough, it was "fried". So here I am, in the midst of purchasing a new transducer. I hesitated and also mentioned to him about how my one unit seems to act up every so often as the auto sensitivity locks on. He takes it out back to do some updates on it, come back and says, sorry can't do updates on this unit, did I want to upgrade to a newer unit?

Hmmm this is gonna cost me large I figured. Well for 500.00 upgrade I am now the proud owner of the new HDS5! Starts off with a full 2 yr warrenty, including everything in the box. Now how can a person go wrong with that!

Thanks Lowrance, I can guarentee you I will be a long time repeat customer!

Cheers, Ron...

Just wanted to let everyone know about how the service was up at Lowrance office in Mississauga.

I was having issues with one of my X135's and made arrangements to go to head office and got them to look at my finders. I explained to him how I use them for ice fishing and he told me to bring the whole setup for him to see. He was impressed to say the least with the setup I had made. Upon listening to what problems I had with the units (I brought both up), he checked the transducer and sure enough, it was "fried". So here I am, in the midst of purchasing a new transducer. I hesitated and also mentioned to him about how my one unit seems to act up every so often as the auto sensitivity locks on. He takes it out back to do some updates on it, come back and says, sorry can't do updates on this unit, did I want to upgrade to a newer unit?

Hmmm this is gonna cost me large I figured. Well for 500.00 upgrade I am now the proud owner of the new HDS5! Starts off with a full 2 yr warrenty, including everything in the box. Now how can a person go wrong with that!

Thanks Lowrance, I can guarentee you I will be a long time repeat customer!

Cheers, Ron...

are these as good as they should be for the price?

I'm seriously considering a HDS7 but don't want to waste too much money.

I went to lowrance in mississauga this spring with an issue I had with my Lowrance lcx colour, I wasn't getting any signal from my gps puck, they told me to bring it down and they could check if it was the unit or the puck. They told me my unit was fried and I could upgrade to an HDS 7 for 900 bucks. I told them I would think about it and in the meantime I was able to get a second puck off the previous boat owner. Hooked it up and no problem at all......glad they "checked" into the problem for me... On many other boards, there are many gripes about the new hds units.