Just need some reassurance...

redneck666

dont mean to annoy with my constant bay topics, lol. But i just want a little reassurance on one thing, im a 230lb guy and am looking to take my citation 377 out to leigh's bay for some ice fishing early saturday morning. would it be safe to drive the old sled out onto the ice or should i park it on shore and haul my gear to the desired location? and do i have to be choosy with my spot or are them there whities all over the bay?

i should have added this for the none local guys willing to help: ice should be around 7-8" maybe more...

thanks for any help guys,

JP

Edited by bigredneck

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

when it doubt, i don't mess with ice.

can't help you and i don't know what kind of currents and such are out that away. good luck on the water!

it cant be to bad seeing as how theres huts out on the bay right now. me and my buddy were parked side by side while we were on our snowmobiles last year and we're both BIG guys. we didnt fall through the ice so all was good, besides the fact i wasnt fishing and we watched a few guys pull some nice fish up.

if theres still snow covering my street tomorrow i'll have to take a ride to the bay on my sled

Edited by bigredneck

it cant be to bad seeing as how theres huts out on the bay right now. me and my buddy were parked side by side while we were on our snowmobiles last year and we're both BIG guys. we didnt fall through the ice so all was good, besides the fact i wasnt fishing and we watched a few guys pull some nice fish up.

if theres still snow covering my street tomorrow i'll have to take a ride to the bay on my sled

If you've already mad eup your mind why bother asking? :wallbash:

Fish near the huts....them guys bait the holes

i "bait" when i fish too, along the pier i use "something" in a little sack, tied to my shoe and then lowered into the water which disperses scent into the water. i noticed it actually puts my catch rate way up!

i "bait" when i fish too, along the pier i use "something" in a little sack, tied to my shoe and then lowered into the water which disperses scent into the water. i noticed it actually puts my catch rate way up!

Well, what is this secret something? And its something you keep tied to your shoe?

Well, what is this secret something? And its something you keep tied to your shoe?

this secret somthing isnt much of a secret, its just a household spice i learned from the internet attracts whitefish. i just tie it to my shoe while im doing stationary fishing cause there isnt anything else to hook it onto.

lets see if you can guess my "secret" spice lol

Edited by bigredneck