Whitby/Oshawa area fishing or ice fishing?

charlied

I will be in the whitby and oshawa area next weekend, was just wondering if there is any decent fishing or ice fishing along the lake. Like maybe a marina that people ice fish. I didn't wanna have to travel up to Scugog to ice fish, and thought there might be somewhere closer. Even some trib fishing if they are not frozen over might be in the cards.

Any help would be great, maybe even meet up with someone possibly.

Edited by charlied

Tightlines will have bait. They're on Brock St., just south of the 401, on the west side. Frenchmans bay is west of Brock St, south of Bayly, between liverpool and whites rd. You probably want the whites rd access,to the boat launch, but I would have to look up street names, and I just don't feel like doing that right now. Head south on whites, and find the lake....... :)

S.

Has anyone here ever fished McLaughlin Bay down behind the G M office building at the east tip of Oshawa. Loaded with carp in the summer (they jump & splash everywhere but won't bite) . . . shallow & weedy SHOULD hold pike & perch through the ice? I believe that little bay was considered as part of the Kawarthas, and until this year, was closed to ice fishing. As soon as I can get around well enough, I know I'ma gonna give 'er a shot?

Tightlines will have bait. They're on Brock St., just south of the 401, on the west side. Frenchmans bay is west of Brock St, south of Bayly, between liverpool and whites rd. You probably want the whites rd access,to the boat launch, but I would have to look up street names, and I just don't feel like doing that right now. Head south on whites, and find the lake....... :)

S.

Note - that is Brock Rd. not Brock St. Brock St is in Whitby. Causes lot's of confusion for visitors.

I'm assuming you mean the 401, not the QEW? LOL

If you need more help with the directions, shoot me a pm and I'll get you the proper directions from where you'll be. I'd still hit the bog though if I was you...............lake simcoe is less than an hour away too.........for perch on the east side.

S.

ya i meant the 401, so use to saying the QEW...LOL. The problem with going to the bog or simcoe is I only have about 5-6 hours of fishing time, if that...lol. Unless someone wants to meet me somewhere near the BOG and take me out fishing to a good spot, I may be all for that...LOL. I have to contact another member still about icing steelies thou.