Nipissing Report

Mike01

I've had the chance to get out a few days before I start school next week and had some great luck. First off I want to say that if you are driving out on the lake be VERY careful. There have been several incidents with vehicles going through the ice! I have my shack set up on the southshore between Deepwater point and Lonely island right on a break that goes from 32' up to 20'. The perch action has been non stop, we are catching them on everything(spoons, jigs, etc..) The walleye seem to be favouring a spoon tipped with a minnow. All were caught between 3:30 to 5pm. I'll try and get some pictures on our next outing.

Thanks for the update! This is the first year in 10 that I haven't been out for opener, let alone the first few days. Bringing my shack up tonight, and will finally get out for the first time Sat morning. I put my shack on Callander bay. I'll post Monday with results.

Thrasher

Thanks for the report. Had a similar experience. Was on the south shore from the 3rd to the 6th. Tons of perch as well, lots of jumbos. No walleye the first 2 days, moved to a different hut the 3rd night and got 3 between 4pm and 5pm. Rapala jig and jig and minnow were the tickets for me.....didn't try spoons.