AQUA-VIEW

Fish Farmer

Anyone owning a Aqua-View, a little advice. The on-board battery does not like the cold, plus the battery must be charge back up as soon as possible. DO NOT leave it uncharged out in the cold, as I"m on my 3rd. battery. :wallbash: I bought a replacement at a battery place in Hamilton. They gave me some info on maintaining those type of battery's. I was surprised when they said they don't like the cold and the battery won't last. I only use mine for ice fishing. From now on, my Aqua-View will be kept out of the cold if all possible. The new battery was $21.00 plus tax.

Edited by Fish Farmer

I just use one of those Battery Booster Packs (boosts my car if needed and also powers my phone in the boat in the summer and my aqua view in the winter). Granted the booster is heavier than the 12 volt battery that comes with the acqua view but it never lets me down.

I changed the ends of the wire from the Aqua View to a standard 12 volt plug in to fit the Booster Pack.

I just use one of those Battery Booster Packs (boosts my car if needed and also powers my phone in the boat in the summer and my aqua view in the winter). Granted the booster is heavier than the 12 volt battery that comes with the acqua view but it never lets me down.

I changed the ends of the wire from the Aqua View to a standard 12 volt plug in to fit the Booster Pack.

I do the same thing and it has never given me any problems. i have also plugged it into the 12V outlet on my ATV and also the car when I have taken it on to the ice. When I do come in from fishing, I let the battery warm up to room temp. then charge it and disconnect the leads. My battery is 4 years old and still works fine.

Thanks guys

I would have thought those type of sealed batteries would be better than a regular battery. The on board battery lasts about 4 hours left on, I do carry a larger spare that lasts about 6 hours. I guess when I get back from ice-fishing late at night, I'll have to bring it in and charge it instead of leaving it till the next morning.