cars & trucks on Rice

Jer

Since today was just to damn cold for my liking, we took a drive down to Bewdley to see what's up on Rice. Was surprised to see a few trucks and even a car out on the ice. If anyone has fished Rice, how much ice is there? Friday on Chemong there was about 10" but I have yet to see a vehicle on the lake. I figger by next weekend it should be a go for vehicular traffic, pending snow conditions and access.

I dunno if I'd be driving out there yet.......and don't forget, your talking about the residents of Bewdley here......hahaha......

Did you stop in BJ's? Do they have bait in there yet? I'm going to check it out this week after work one night. Maybe I'll drive out :)

S.

We were out on Saturday out of Golden Beach resort area...lots of ice....everywhere we went in the SHELTERED bay there was 10-12 " of good black ice.

As for Bewdley..at B.J.'s Tackle....they had minnows (pinheads) $5.00 scoop. HUGE scoop actually. He said he was going to drive out Saturday afternoon....guess he did. It was COLD!!!!

The problem I have with people driving on the ice at this time of year is that it might be 10" in one place, but only 2" in another.

I think they are taking big chance with their lives but that's just my opinion.

Joey

I tend to agree Joey, but the area around Bewdley has been frozen for almost a month now, and there isn't much snow around here either. I can only assume people will stay away from current areas/narrows, but only time will tell. I wouldn't think twice about driving out of Bewdley today though.........but that's just me B)

S.

Yes, I think another poster touched on this in another post.

From the Otonobee north there is a current right to the Hastings river the winds its way infront of some points and not far from some shorelines.

I could see maybe driving out in Bewdley bay maybe, but east of the humps or Long Ilse, , no friggin way for me anyways, don't know the ice well enough on Rice yet.

Edited by Harrison