Abu Garcia Revo Baitcasters

lookinforwalleye

i have a premier and had a revo s. hated the revo s. used it for one tourney and swaped it out for a quantum energy when i got home, sold the reel shortly after. the premier isnt too bad of a reel. but a bit pricey. i got a great deal on it so thats the only reason i got it, if it came to full price, id save the extra money and buy an energy instead.

i have a premier and had a revo s. hated the revo s. used it for one tourney and swaped it out for a quantum energy when i got home, sold the reel shortly after. the premier isnt too bad of a reel. but a bit pricey. i got a great deal on it so thats the only reason i got it, if it came to full price, id save the extra money and buy an energy instead.

I was looking at the Quantum Energy but I have a Quantum Accurist and while it is a decent reel there is something about it that just rubs me the wrong way, I prefer my old Quantum Iron to the Accurist. Is the Energy a big step up from the Accurist?

What did you not like about the Revo S?

I was looking at the Quantum Energy but I have a Quantum Accurist and while it is a decent reel there is something about it that just rubs me the wrong way, I prefer my old Quantum Iron to the Accurist. Is the Energy a big step up from the Accurist?

What did you not like about the Revo S?

the step to the energy from the accurist is a big one. i had an accurist, but lost it in the upper niagara during a tourney. but i liked the reel. the energy is one of the best reels quantum ever made. i prefer it over the blue tour edition reels they have.

the revo s just didnt have the casting distance and wasnt as smooth as the energy. and not being able to adjust the brakes didnt sit well with me either.

my accurist was the older model that was discontinued. AC501PT i believe was the model i had. i dunno how the new accurist reels are. though they look good and should be a good reel. but for what the revo s costs, u can add a few more bucks and get a better reel for ur money.

I live the Revo but had a huge issue getting parts after destroying one on a musky - hard to explain but the plate came off during fight and had to eventually hand line it in - I have recently purchased the following Calcutta TE401

Guest steel'n'esox
I just spent some BPS gift certificates myself on a Revo Toro 51-HS.

It along with the larger Curado are low profile options for musky/pike.

Did a lot of research before I bought it, it honestly seems smoother than the larger Curado.

I have a Revo Toro 60-HS and the reel is great, more comfortable for casting then the big round reels, large capacity spool with big gears and a smooth drag

i owe a premier and i personally dont think its worth what they sell them for. solid reel forsure, but just not as good as the price indicates

The new Premier? Just wondering as to it's light weight still using no plastic parts. Something like 6oz I read online...I don't know, god forgive if that or the Vendetta flippin stick goes on sale....Somebody might be there to buy her :D

I have a Revo S and can't really complain about it for the money. I use it on a 7 ft medium for senko's and stuff, sometimes I dropshot with it. I flip with it too on occasion and it does the job. It's definitely not a powerful reel, hooked a salmon on it and didn't have chance, but for bass its not a bad reel, especially for its price range.