Snowmobile/Atv helmet

walleyejack

I am looking to purchase a new winter helmet, apparentley they are different than summer ones, i purchased one 3 yrs ago and it freezes my cheek bones, the wind gets in somehow, I use a neck protector, and bundle up all around, open and close the vents, only time it seems ok is if i leave the visor open 1/2 inch, only way i can stop it is if i hunker down like a turtle, not too comfy, I think i am going to get a new one, does anyone have any ideas or reccommend a particular brand. thanks for your help on this.

id venture over to your local Royal Distrib and take a look at the HJC;s ... ask the staff on which one suits your needs

Seconded. My summer helmet is useless in cold weather and my winter helmet would make your head melt in +10C weather. They are entirely different. Both purchased at Royal.

I got myself a SHC flip up helmet at Royal a few yrs back ...I love it ...when I'm fishing in the open on a windy day I just leave it on flipped up ....real handy when you stop for a break while riding just flip it up and everyone can hear what you are saying ....Heated visor is really nice ....mine has a removable breath deflector and some are built into the helmet and not removable ....my wife's helmet is built in and she now wishes she had gone for the removable one as well ...the flip up works great for me as now I can take the helmet off without having to remove my glasses....several times prior to the flipup I have left them on the seat and driven over them by mistake ... glasses can put a differnet dynamic to purchasing a helmet make sure you take them with you and try putting the helmets on while wearing the glasses.....make sure you try several different models/manufacturers on as we all have slightly different noggins and you need to get the one that fits best without being uncomfortable.

Suds

Edited by Sudsmaster

thanks all for your input, i ended up with a Hjc from my local Yamaha dealer.

thanks again

happy trails

Great!!

I wear one along with a balaclava as at higher speeds wind gets in right at the corners of the visor.

When it's -30 and I'm ripping along at 130K it can get a little nippy without it. ;)