Guiding on Sturgeon Lake

Big Cliff

I would be interested in finding out who if anyone is planning to do any guiding on Sturgeon lake this year. If so have you guided here before, and when. (A bit of background on what you offer in services, species) Would you be interested in having a B&B available to you or your guests located right on the water or a place to stop for a nice shore lunch or a meal. If I was to advertise a B&B would you be interested in doing some guiding if guests wanted it?

I'm just doing some thinking here.

I have asked for the information but if you are worried about your response being considered spam then please PM me.

LOL Thanks Terry but I think my guiding days are over. My boat still works well but it is old, I would need a whole lot of new equipment, and I just don't take catching seriously enough any more. (fishing now, that's a different story) I'll leave the guiding to the pros!

Well David, I have a nice home, raised bunglo walk out basement in Snug Harbour on Sturgeon Lake. Down stairs is a large guest room with a queen size bed, large family room with gas fire place, TV, and a 4 piece bath room. Everything is quite new and very clean. I am thinking of putting a small efficiency type kitchen in and a second bedroom with two bunk beds.

We have a large lot with good water access, lots of room for parking, excellent, safe water access 4' of water at the dock and no rocks or stumps to worry about. There is excellent fishing right off the dock which is 20' wide by 15' deep. We catch carp durring the day, pickerel in the morning and evenings and just about anything that is in the lake during the day including the odd muskie. We are right at the point where the Scugog River enters into Sturgeon Lake so even on a windy day we can access the river if we want to and still get some good fishing in. There is an excellent boat launch just 4 doors from us and I believe they only charge $10.00 for in/out and you could park at our place.

I'm not interested in guiding but love to cook and take care of people. So I was thinking that if I could hook up with someone that loved to guide.... I could provide a nice place for them to bring clients for a lunch as simple or as fancy as you would like. A comfortable place for a pit stop or shelter from a storm. A place for their clients to spend a night or two, or even yourself if it was more convenient for you. Perhaps a place to go for a break between the afternoon and evening bite.

If people wanted lunches packed, or supper, I'd be happy to provide that too but I'm not interested in running a restraunt or anything. I don't want to turn this into a JOB!

Anyway, lots to think about, I'd still have to make sure that I wasn't in violation of any by-laws or anything and I'd really want to talk to some more people that run B & Bull or that sort of thing.

Any ideas or input both pro and con would be most welcome.

PS. Moderators; if at any point, anything posted on this thread is considered to be spam or not appropriate please remove it with my blessing! I have too much respect for the members of this board to want to test any boundries!