Nipissing Ice Help

sneak_e_pete

Hi there, I haven't posted in a while, so Merry Christmas to everyone.

I am hoping that someone can help me with some Nipissing Ice info.

1. Any update on the ice condition? Am heading up to the south shore January 3rd and wondering if the ice will be ready.

2. I have gone the past 2 years. The first year I caught 3 walleye and no perch. Last year I caught 2 walleye and around 60 perch. All fish were caught with either a plain jig head and minnow, or a drop shot with live minnow.

I can handle not catching too many...I am there for the experience, but this year I am bringing up 2 friends that have never even fished before. I want to get them excited about it so that we can make it an annual trip. We are staying in a hut, so we won't be travelling and drilling holes.

Does anyone have any recommendations for catching some more fish? I picked up some airplane jigs for the magic hour, but am having a hard time finding any tips on the net.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

EH!

Buddy crossed Nipissing from Sturgeon Falls on Wednesday..... first stop Iron Island 7"

second stop Target Island @ 5".............Summer & Community reefs " Between Goose & Blueberry Islands"

7"............

At this rate with the cold nights we've been having ,I'd say you'll be good to go! :Gonefishing:

RFS

:canadian:

I usually use a small octopus(dropshot) hook with a live shinner and enough splitshot to get it down on a tip up and a jigging rod with a spoon tipped with a minnow head. Never seems to let me down. Which hut operator are you going with?