Formula Deluxe 670.....NF

Mike01

So here's the deal. I have a 99 Formula Deluxe 670, and I have been thinking about doing a little work to it. The engine is bullet-proof so I don't want to fiddle with it, but I was thinking of upgrading the clutching. My plan is for a new variable helix and spings. I want to try and get it to launch at 5800rpm or so. I am open to any other ideas you guys might have.

So here's the deal. I have a 99 Formula Deluxe 670, and I have been thinking about doing a little work to it. The engine is bullet-proof so I don't want to fiddle with it, but I was thinking of upgrading the clutching. My plan is for a new variable helix and spings. I want to try and get it to launch at 5800rpm or so. I am open to any other ideas you guys might have.

As I've said before I'm way out of touch, but isn't that a pretty violent engagement for a trail sled? We barely kicked in that high with the track sleds back in the day.

JF

As I've said before I'm way out of touch, but isn't that a pretty violent engagement for a trail sled? We barely kicked in that high with the track sleds back in the day.

JF

Cmon John...out of touch??? i thought he was talking about a Formula Firebird ... :dunno:

ok from my expierence 2-300 rpm over stock and a good clutch set up will give you great results and still be reliable ,that 5800 will eat belts up pretty good and will make for a pretty poor riding sled, if you want similar performance to the formulas and mxz's change the to one lower gear in the chain case

ya 5800 is wayy to high, i've had race sleds in the past and they didnt engage that high, usually around the 5000mark. thats probably the highest you want it to engage. i say find a clutch kit and put it to the recommended settings then do as ecmiley says and change the gear in the chaincase(top gear) you probably have something like a 22 tooth gear in there. i believe you can drop down to a 19 without changing the chain. most 440 snocross sleds run the 19tooth, it'll drop your top end by a bit but off the line you'll be flying! go on dootalk and find out what the best clutch kit is for your sled and the best price. good to hear you want to do clutching and not something dumb like a sweeet ca for it haha!

So your just wanting to sit there and dig holes? My cat had some work done to it and ended up taking off at about 6grand and it was a pain in the ass.. Woke up the whole neighbourhood trying to take off, try to pull anything and it just dug holes, Tries to throw passengers off the back on take off. So i played around and got it back to 4500 and its perfect.

Terry and I both have 500 Skidoo's with identical approx 3/4" paddle tracks.. I can drive up just about anything (with two on and pulling the cutter) and pull away on any surface without spinning the track. Terry gets stuck on flat ground.. solo... and I believe that is from his clutch being set to engage at too high an RPM (and we're gonna fix that right Terry?)... 5800rpm.... like has been said you're gonna dig holes!