Bridgenorth Winter Panfish Festival

Ron

Hey Mike,

Is there anything else we can do to help out with this?

I'm sure the Kawartha Chapter of MCI is interested, I know I will be interested in volunteering for the day too.

http://www.clearvieworganizing.com/22.html

Hi Everyone:

I am very proud to announce the 1st annual Bridgenorth Winter Panfish Festival on Feb. 13, 2010. :D

Tackleshare is presenting this fun family fishing event in association with Clearview Organizing, OFAH and the Free Family Fishing Weekend. :D

More details will follow as things get closer to the event date.

We are currently looking for people who would be interested in getting involved as volunteers for this great event.

Please check the event link for more information and plan on joining us for a fun day with your family and friends on Chemong Lake.

I'm sure people will just be drowning all over the place, being the Kawarthas and all...

Seriously though, this is great. I hope to more of this kinda thing around here. It's always been a shame that these lakes could never be used to their full potential year round.

Thank you for the responses.

If you are interested in becoming a volunteer please e-mail your contact information to Andrea. The festival e-mail is on the event page.

This event will be free and we expect people will be arriving and departing all day. We need volunteers for the day or only an hour or two. Whatever level you would like to be involved we would love to have you join us. Bring the family and make a day of it. :D

Also Ron, you can do anything you want at this event. :worthy:

You had a very large part in bringing this ice angling oppourtunity to people of this region.

I hope when you see hundreds of happy kids enjoying their day angling on the ice, you realize just what has been accomplished.

Bring the family and plan on spending the day with friends, I'm sure we can find something for you to do. :angel:

The Kawartha Chapter of MCI have contacted us and have very graciously offered to help with this event. Big Thanks to the club. :thumbsup_anim:

I know your teasing Jer about the ice but we have confirmed that over the last 10 years the ice depth averages 20 inches thick at this location at that time of the winter. Lots of good ice for winter fun.

This should be a very fun day and a celebration of youth angling and family fun. Please join us on Feb. 13, 2010, out on Chemong Lake.

Edited by Michael Brown

AS for dangerous ice....

8_10.jpg

Don't look at the block heads doing the plunge, look at the blocks of ice behind us idiots! If that don't make you wonder how safe the ice is, look at the amount of onlookers standing around.

This was on Chemong last year.

Edited by Ron

I see how these things go Ron usually does a great job at planning things around times I will not be able to attend LOL I would love to come and join ya all but the Belle River chapter of MCI will be at the Chatham sportsman show promoting the musky fishing around here and also trying to get the word out about taking kids fishing and family fun.

Cheers and I hope ya all have a great turn out.

The winter free family fishing weekend is on the same weekend as a couple of "fishing shows". The panfish event is from 10am-4pm on Saturday the 13th. I'm actually planning on attending a fishing show on Sunday but of course that is Valentines Day and a whole seperate set of conflicts. :rolleyes:

Nice photo Ron. Did anyone tell you the water is fairly shallow in that part of Chemong before you did the winter faceplant?

Thank you to those who have volunteered so far, nice to see anglers give up some time investing in the future anglers.

Edited by Michael Brown

Just a quick update to mention as this festival is growing every day.

Frank at Bridgenorth Sports and Marine will have great deals during the festival and may have a few displays set up that day.

With some cold weather coming up and very little snow on the current ice in this area it should help with freezing. More ice means longer ice fishing season.

We are still looking for more volunteers. This should be a great day out on the ice for everyone involved.

Edited by Michael Brown

Hi Everyone:

Here is a copy of the panfish festival add that will be run in the next issue of Ontario Out of Doors.

Looking forward to having a fun day with old and new anglers alike.

Check the website for more information or if you would like to volunteer.

Have a great holiday.

BWPF_OOD_Ad.pdf