tackle boxes

tomO

Planos all the way for me now ... got at least a dozen of em ... and soft bags to carry em in (4 at a time) . I'll never go back to the big bulky tackle boxes

Totally agree. I haven't used a tackle box in quite a number of years. The only thing they were good for was for sitting on. Beyond that, Planos all the way. Way more versatile than any box.

I use soft (small) gym type tote-bags for that stuff ... got 3 in my trunk mosta the time ... one with warm (dry) clothes ... one with miscellaneous tools and flashlights and rope etc. and one with all the 'bulkier' fishing type stuff that wont go into a Plano.

Not the answer for everyone I know but I've been buying toolboxes at Canadian Tire and using them as tackleboxes myself. A small plastic one around 12-14 inches long with 2 trays trays and see thru flip up lid is cheap, light, seemingly durable and when you fill it up you just buy another. If I remember correctly they cost like 6 bucks or something. Buy one for each species. Probably room for about 1349 Trout flies or 7 or 8 musky lures in each one.

I've had mine for a few years now and dont notice a smell, but it stays in the garage all the time. One thing with bags I have noticed is if you plan on doing alot of walking they are killer on the shoulder. I'm forever having to switch arms. Just my 2 cents.

Yep .. the bags are a bit of a pain in the rain...gotta leave em open to dry out afterwards ... but then I normally only take the bags on the trip (in the car) but dump a couple planos into the cooler for on the boat ... especially now that theres all that room since we dont take beer out anymore :)