Went to the Sabres Game last night

Radnine

Hi all,

We went to the Sabres game last night, vs. Washington.

Seeing Ovechkin prowl around the ice is unbelievable, he never stops. They get him the puck from anywhere and he shoots from everywhere. Even cooler though was watching Ryan Miller make all those stops (3-0 shut out). Just incredible from 14 rows up.

What I was really impressed with was how nice everyone was at and in the arena. From the ticket takers to the ushers to parking guys, everybody was super nice.

My god the players all look huge and there is not an inch to move out there. I noticed that live (probably because you see the whole ice) it looks like the officials spend half of their time getting out of the bloody way. And who can blame them. It is a wonder that someone doesn't get killed the way the puck flies around.

And God bless the person that invented the nets around the end of the ice.

We got the tickets for free ($78.00 each) but paid for everything else including getting passports to go over. I know we will use the passports again, but I don't know how anyone could afford a steady diet of going to pro sporting events. The cost is above and beyond reason. It makes me wonder why I agree to something like taking the tickets and going to the game, yet will hum and haw over spending $80.00 on a rod that will last me a lifetime (kind of like paying $80.00 for a four hour round of golf, or the rod).

Just kvetching.

Jim

Jim, I went to a game there 2 years ago (Buf. vs. Atlanta) and we were 8 rows up and I cannot agree more. The fans, staff and everything about the place was just GREAT. Also, Kovalchuk's shot was getting faster and faster each time and Miller looked HUGE being so close. Would I spend that time and money again? You bet as Toronto cannot compete with them. Not just on the ice, I mean everything... Take it for what it was worth Jim, a good night out and you are still thinking about it now as it was that entertaining. To me, my trip was well worth it...

Hi all,

We went to the Sabres game last night, vs. Washington.

Seeing Ovechkin prowl around the ice is unbelievable, he never stops. They get him the puck from anywhere and he shoots from everywhere. Even cooler though was watching Ryan Miller make all those stops (3-0 shut out). Just incredible from 14 rows up.

What I was really impressed with was how nice everyone was at and in the arena. From the ticket takers to the ushers to parking guys, everybody was super nice.

My god the players all look huge and there is not an inch to move out there. I noticed that live (probably because you see the whole ice) it looks like the officials spend half of their time getting out of the bloody way. And who can blame them. It is a wonder that someone doesn't get killed the way the puck flies around.

And God bless the person that invented the nets around the end of the ice.

We got the tickets for free ($78.00 each) but paid for everything else including getting passports to go over. I know we will use the passports again, but I don't know how anyone could afford a steady diet of going to pro sporting events. The cost is above and beyond reason. It makes me wonder why I agree to something like taking the tickets and going to the game, yet will hum and haw over spending $80.00 on a rod that will last me a lifetime (kind of like paying $80.00 for a four hour round of golf, or the rod).

Just kvetching.

Jim

Thats just us Buffalonians Rad............were always that nice. Im glad you came over to experience a GOOD sabres game and not a loss. Man its hard to swallow the ticket price when we lose lol.

I went to the Carolina game 2 weeks ago and was right by the net on the side Brindamour had a sure goal against miller and he ROBBED him absolutely blind. (as rick jeannerette would say lol) and like you say, its amazing to be able to focus and watch one guy if you choose instead of watching the tv and the camera following the puck around. I often just pick a player when im at the arena and will watch them and only them the entire shift.

Anywya, you picked a heck of a game, and its a very rare occasion youll find any issues with any folks going to a Sabres game. Always a pleasure, at least thats my experience going to them for the last 30 years since i was a kid.

Well.......ill add to that one exception.........theres a certain red white and blue team that comes to town now and again that changes your whole experience depending on how close your sitting to them

here's a quick question... how are the Bills fans to Patriots fans??? LMAO... I'm going to the game in Buffalo on the 20th (next week).

I'll be wearing my Welker jersey... and i'll be with 2 other hardcore Pats fans... hahaha. Can't wait!

Still haven't gone to a Sabres game, but i will! especially since we can't get tickets for a reasonable price up here...