An interesting story

doubleheader

Here in western PA I hunt whitetails with about 15 guys. We pay a token amount to a fella that owns 1600 acres- it's a sweet deal. Last year one of our younger guys, Rob, suffered a heart attack and died. His brother was only 150 yds up a trail, waiting for him by his 4 wheeler, but not knowing he had been stricken. As a group after hunting season we had a memorial service at the place Rob died and mounted a small brass memorial at the location his body was found. I've always thought that his brother probably felt guilt for not walking up that path, not that he should have, but those are just the kind of tricks our conscious sometimes plays on us. Anyhow, this year that brother killed a monster buck that fell just yards from where his brother died the year before. Out of 1600 acres I just thought this to be an amazing coincidence, especially since he really wasn't just set-up on stand there; he just happened to be walking up to meet his other brother when this buck jumped up. It's almost like Rob trying to tell his brother, "Here you go bro, and don't worry bout me, everything is cool".

I hear ya DoubleHeader...

My old huntin partner cousin died young and left a big hole in our group---I tell his boys who I still hunt with that "Your Dad feels sorry for me and puts a nice buck out to me yearly"

Him and I will hunt again someday.

Good story.

Bushart

This happened to me also. The year my mother died after a long illness I shot a 7 pointer maybe a 2 or 3 year old deer. This is the biggest rack taken in 25 years from camp. Mind you the camp is more about comradery than hunting the numbers don't lie. Thanks Mom!

09_Kevin.jpgWell, that was easier than I thought. I found the brother that killed the buck on Facebook (he lives down south) and he had a picture of his buck on-line that i downloaded so here it is. Mind you, he is all of 250 lbs and our PA bucks aren't nearly as large as Ontario bucks. In other words a 140 buck around here is big.