The Iceman cometh and goeth...cometh...and goeth

limeyangler

Hi all,

every year since moving here i do a post of when the ice up starts. Usually its like clockwork........things start to chill off around mid September.......October is Fall.... 2nd week inNovember starts the minus temps with the gradual ice up happening and fishable ice by no later than the first week of December.

Not this year....

I keep taking pictures of what appears to be the start of ice up, only to have wind and plus temperatures disipate whatever ice formed the day before. Its actually started now, and i went to put my pictures in order to make up a post.....lol...was gonna be an impossible task.

The pics go back to 6th of November, and the dates from the camera are all jumbled up, but they were nice pictures so i thought i'd stick 'em together in no particular order with some music.

If nothing else its a nice tune for a Sunday morning.

Hi all,

every year since moving here i do a post of when the ice up starts. Usually its like clockwork........things start to chill off around mid September.......October is Fall.... 2nd week inNovember starts the minus temps with the gradual ice up happening and fishable ice by no later than the first week of December.

Not this year....

I keep taking pictures of what appears to be the start of ice up, only to have wind and plus temperatures disipate whatever ice formed the day before. Its actually started now, and i went to put my pictures in order to make up a post.....lol...was gonna be an impossible task.

The pics go back to 6th of November, and the dates from the camera are all jumbled up, but they were nice pictures so i thought i'd stick 'em together in no particular order with some music.

If nothing else its a nice tune for a Sunday morning.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l97bvlmvq3s&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l97bvlmvq3s&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l97bvlmvq3s&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Mebbe it's just me but somehow there's nothing Marleyesque about ice water. :P

But yer right. It's a nice tune. Is it Bob?

JF

Edited by JohnF

Yup it sure is a crazy year,

I reviewed our records on when the bay we are on froze and since 1990 when we moved to Gullrock, the latest was Nov 27th. I was going to toss a line in this afternoon and give it a try, but somehow a nap got in the way,,,go figure. we get a skim around the edges in the early morning and the wave action takes it out before noon. Looks like it will be nip and take to get some really safe ice before christmas.