Soo how are the leafs doing theses days?????

muskymatt

Don't get the bias Ottawa fans going again. Leafs are doing just fine!! Hopefully the won't crap the bed in January like they normally do!!

Like I said when this thread originally started; the Leafs will be fine. The organization is going in the right direction... Mtl on the other hand, is sticking with Gainey (for now) - a once great hockey player, but a lousy manager as evidenced by his team's play since he started there.. they are the most arrogant fans and they're getting what they deserved! Gomez is having a great year, eh? Man that deal makes the Jason Blake deal look alright! Gomez makes 8 mill per season - he has 4 goals..

God, if I hear another Ole, Ole Ole Ole...chant I am going to vomit. You'd think you're watching a Spanish League soccer game.

They are doing exactly what they have need to do every year since the lockout... suck bad enough to get good draft choices so they can rebuild. Too bad they traded them away. I guess Boston fans are happy.

Umm just to let you know, the Leafs never lost draft picks......Boston lost Kessel

Umm just to let you know, the Leafs never lost draft picks......Boston lost Kessel

I am not sure what you are getting at... Kessel was a restricted free agent. When a team signs a restricted free agent they have to compensate the former team. The Leafs compensated Boston by giving them two first round and one second round draft picks. Thus, my comment that they traded away the draft choices that could help them rebuild.

I am not sure what you are getting at... Kessel was a restricted free agent. When a team signs a restricted free agent they have to compensate the former team. The Leafs compensated Boston by giving them two first round and one second round draft picks. Thus, my comment that they traded away the draft choices that could help them rebuild.

I totaly understand how it all works, Im just saying the Leafs came out on top with this deal, they new exacly what they where getting, with draft picks you never know, so as my last statement the Leafs never lost draft picks, boston lost Kessel.

Tampa Bay lost tonight and vaulted the Leafs into 28th place.

I agree that you never know with draft picks, especially with the Leaf scouting staff. The year Kessel was drafted in the first round Boston took Milan Lucic in the 2nd round. The Leaf scouts passed on Lucic twice drafting Tlusty and Kulemin instead. With the Leafs scouting staff I'm not surprised that they feel high draft picks are of no value.

Kessel is showing that he is better than any of the prospects for the 2010 June draft, so I would take a known entity over an unknown one for sure. Yes, it sucks that Burke traded away the draft picks but he still might make some deals to get some back.

I am a Leaf fan, but would hate to be their coach with the way they play from game to game.