My Favourite colour!!

steelie hunter

PINK!!!! ....Well only when it comes to steelhead fishing. Chrome is sharp, but catching a trout with some pretty colours on it is always a nice change. Got this big guy the other day, and he sure put up quite the battle, almost 15 minutes I'd say. Sure made my day. We definietly could use some rain though!!!

sunday_trout.jpg

15 minutes ?

A little long for a steelhead dont ya think.

Nice fish anyway.....good job

With the water being real low and super clear, and a smaller size trib, the fight will be twice as much. Everytime I got it near shore it took off in a hurry, and this went on like 6 times. It got frustrating, but finally I got my pic, and he swam off to fight another day

With the water being real low and super clear, and a smaller size trib, the fight will be twice as much. Everytime I got it near shore it took off in a hurry, and this went on like 6 times. It got frustrating, but finally I got my pic, and he swam off to fight another day

I'm sure it felt like 15mins, but I am willing to guess it might have been around the 5 mins mark, lol

Awesome fish non the less, really nice colours on that one!

yea lol, I hear you guys, even a 5 minute fight seems like a while, as I am using a light lead but this fish went nuts, to the point where I was ready to give up. I even had to take an extended break to rest after haha. But it was all worth it in the end.

Cant wait to get back out there, if we ever get some precipitation!!!