Halloween Walleye with U and Me Guide Service

fishnsled

It's been a very long time since I've had a chance to post anything. Work and other projects have been keeping me away. I've been checking in when I can and have been keeping an eye on things around here. ;)

Just wanted to make some time to thank Lloyd for a great day on Saturday. It was a slow start to the day but but we managed a few fish. Considering the front that was moving through, the 60k+ winds, and the dropping temps, I'd say we did quite well going 5 for 7. (You know its rough when you watch the nose of the boat goes down and the water roll over the bow and splashes on the windshield :o ) For myself it wasn't so much about the catching but having a chance to learn a few tips and tricks from one of the masters. Lloyd sure knows his stuff. I've tried to get out with him a few times but poop got in the way, nice to have things finally come together.

I spent the day with daking_eh2007 and a couple of his buddies, good guys. His buddies both got their first walleyes ever and had a blast as we all did. Nothing too big but a great day on the water none the less.

Thanks again Lloyd.

IMG_6269.jpg

IMG_6270.jpg

Edited by fishnsled

Nice! But I must say, that Pickereye makes yer head look small! LMAO

60K winds on Quinte are well shall we say NASTY! Good on you and Lloyd for toughin it out.

HH

WELL IT HELPS WHEN YOU HAVE THE RIGHT BOAT FOR THE RIGHT JOB. EVEN WITH A 23 FOOT BOAT I STILL TOOK WAVES OVER THE FRONT. WISH I COULD HAVE STAYED ON THE FISH LONGER THAT DAY BUT WHEN WE TRIED TROLLING INTO THE WIND THE WAVES WERE GOING OVER THE FRONT AND UP ONTO THE WINDSHEILD. THE RIDE BACK WS LONG AND BUMPY.

Nice! But I must say, that Pickereye makes yer head look small! LMAO

Better then having my suit make my :asshat: look fat. LOL!

WELL IT HELPS WHEN YOU HAVE THE RIGHT BOAT FOR THE RIGHT JOB. EVEN WITH A 23 FOOT BOAT I STILL TOOK WAVES OVER THE FRONT. WISH I COULD HAVE STAYED ON THE FISH LONGER THAT DAY BUT WHEN WE TRIED TROLLING INTO THE WIND THE WAVES WERE GOING OVER THE FRONT AND UP ONTO THE WINDSHEILD. THE RIDE BACK WS LONG AND BUMPY.

You sure do have the right boat for the job. At no point in time did I feel that we were pushing our luck out there given the conditions. Nice to have that comfort. As for fishing any longer, you did what was right and safe for the group. Leaving before anything happens is always a wise choice. As for the ride back, like being on a rollercoaster. lol! In those conditions you just take your time and you'll arrive safe and sound as we did. ;)

Well, if we have 60k winds for the GTG next week, I'll be heading for the local liquor store, cause we aint going out in that in Gerritt's boat... of course you can always find a place to fish, regardless of the wind, it just doesn't seem to me anyway to be that much fun.

HH

nice job will!

BTW, how's Ms. Smith doing? I hear she's not at Trudeau anymore.

Thanks, Ms.Smith has moved up the ranks and is now a V.P. for another school.

Joe - I may be down that way on the Saturday during the g2g. After seeing the walleye reports out of Lloyds boat this past weekend my passenger for the day seems to want to chase eyes instead of skis. :huh:

Thanks, Ms.Smith has moved up the ranks and is now a V.P. for another school.

Joe - I may be down that way on the Saturday during the g2g. After seeing the walleye reports out of Lloyds boat this past weekend my passenger for the day seems to want to chase eyes instead of skis. :huh:

OH SNAP! Will if you don't mind, can you PM me the name of her new school? If it's close enough to where I am now, I may have to drop by and congratulate her!

Going bow in is a characteristic of a 23' boat on the great lakes because it matches the length of the waves from trough to crest on an average crappy day, when the stern is at its highest the bow is at its lowest. A longer or shorter boat rides these waves better. A commercial fisherman clued me in on this right after I got my 23 and after a few trips in from the ducks in groups of other boats its noticeable.

Going bow in is a characteristic of a 23' boat on the great lakes because it matches the length of the waves from trough to crest on an average crappy day, when the stern is at its highest the bow is at its lowest. A longer or shorter boat rides these waves better. A commercial fisherman clued me in on this right after I got my 23 and after a few trips in from the ducks in groups of other boats its noticeable.

my boat is set with 1.5' higher bow. I set it up this way so that i dont have that probem. but when a wave is deep and you are down on a 45 the wave wins every time as it breaks