Pics from 3 weekends

Radnine

Here are some snaps from my last four or five weekends (I have lost count).

Jen has been down and out with the flu, but is starting to bounce back and is, as I write, as grumpy as a bear with a sore ass. In fact, I have just got crap for not asking if there is "something that I can do to help instead of fiddling around on the computer". So I had better make this quick.

Today I flew from Brantford to Collingwood for breakfast.

My pal Chris built this beauty of an aircraft. It is a Whitman Tailwind and it flies like a dream. It has been forever since I got some stick time so I was absolutely jacked.

P1010460.jpg

P1010461.jpg

This is Will with Walter Gretzky. He signed about ten million autographs and hung in there from noon 'till into the evening. When I asked if I could get a photo he said "Sure!" and started to get up.

I said "No, Will can come around there".

He says "No, this will be better" and strikes the pose that you see here.

It was clearly an effort for him to get up and down, but he wouldn't have it any other way. Think about how many times he did that in that time. He is awesome.

The real beautiful thing is that my son (who is seven) never saw Gretzky play, but was still in awe while meeting his Dad.

P1010454.jpg

Last is a bit of a trip to Rice a few weeks ago.

This was my home for the weekend. above the boat house at Springbank Camp.

P1000380.jpg

P1010402.jpg

Walleye that Dustin and I caught while trolling with Wally Divers near a certain island where the hunters were banging away like a broken shutter.

They were enjoyed that evening with Kraft Dinner, fried potatoes, Cronzy's, and cold beer.

P1010405.jpg

This one I pulled in on Sunday morning while drifting and casting the same Wally Diver (kind of chartreuse with a pink tip) I had trolled with the day before. He came home with me.

P1010406.jpg

Hope that all is well with all of you!

Jim

Radnine, when you said Rice I assume you meant Rice Lake? Is there any spots there one could fish from shore and not private?

Yes it was Rice Lake. Unfortunately I don't know the lake well enough to pick shore fishing spots. Sorry.

Jim

great report!!

Walter sure is one of the nicest people you will ever come across!!! I have been lucky enough to meet him a few times.

Cheers!

You can say that again. I met Walter and Wayne 2 summers ago at Wayne's golf tourny. I asked for a pic with the two of them and Walter said sure and then went wandering around looking for the ptotographer for the 3 of us to get the best pic... CLASS ACT all the way!!!!

Good stuff and like others have said Walter is one of the coolest people you will ever meet.He will spend hours and hours at the arena just go down there allmost any weekend and he will be there.That man logs more hours there than the guys working.