Imagine catching this monster!

crankbait

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12...ER-monster.html

A 'monster' great white shark measuring up to 20 ft long is on the prowl off a popular Queensland beach, according to officials.

Swimmers were warned to stay out of the water off Stradbroke Island after the shark mauled another smaller great white which had been hooked on a baited drum line.

The 10-foot great white was almost bitten in half.

The fictional shark at the centre of the Steven Spielberg blockbuster Jaws was estimated to be just five feet longer.

'It certainly opened up my eyes. I mean the shark that was caught is a substantial shark in itself,' says Jeff Krause of Queensland Fisheries.

The great white, the most dangerous creature in the sea, was still alive when hauled onto a boat near Deadman's Beach off north Stradbroke island.

News of the shocking attack on the smaller shark has sent jitters along the Queensland coast from Stradbroke Island, near Brisbane, to the Sunshine Coast further north down to the tourist mecca of Surfers Paradise, south of Brisbane.

'Whatever attacked and took chunks out of this big shark must be massive,' said 19-year-old surfer Ashton Smith. 'I've heard about the big one that's lurking out there somewhere.

'We're all being very, very cautious.'

Mr John Gooding, who operates a charter fishing boat, said sharks were everywhere, although there appeared to be no specific reason for an increase in the number.

'Some days you struggle to get a fish on to the boat before the sharks take them,' he told the Courier Mail newspaper.

article-1223001-06FA4652000005DC-17_634x415.jpg

I read about this on yahoo or something. Its defo real. If it was hooked on a drumline it would likely have been dead, which would obviously make it easier to bite. Still, wouldn't like to meet the one the bit it.

i saw a pic of the shark taken from a boat, i'll try to find it. it is reeedickulously huge. check around too there is a story going around about a 28 foot alligator with an 11ft buck in its mouth, all pics taken from a news chopper. maybe someone has the link...

I saw this on CNN a couple days ago with some reporter in Aussie going on about the 8 meter shark that did the bitng and how the beaches are taking lots of precautions with the big predator patrolling off shore looking for an easy dinner. I can't remember if he just showed that picture or whether or not there was actual video of the bitten shark.

No Photoshop - they use nets (Baited Drums) up there - the first shark was no doubt stuck in a net or hooked the second just takes a chunk. The water quality throught Eastern Australia is improving and a greater numbers are now seen.

I saw an article when i lived in Newcastle australia of guys fishing on front of their vehicle on a beach for great white - Ill find and post.

Awesome creatures!