Knipex Bolt Cutters

bigbuck

Not sure of the model # but they are a 1 hand operation that fit in a fishes mouth nothing to big.

Only the best hook cutter for Musky Hunters. Knipex Lever Action Center Cutter features a newly developed transmission system for more cutting power with less effort. New ergonomic handle!

gallery_322_145_5579.jpg

HI,

We have all types of the Knipex at The Next Bite - Esox Angler magazine. They are the best quality cutters out there - and we've carried them since our inception. http://www.esoxangler.bigstep.com/category...l?UCIDs=1319729

Link to different types.

The lever action ones are not as strong (cutting power, but same quality) - but do offer a little better reach. The strongest are the cobolt ones that Lew recommended. Most folks like the one thats spring-loaded, but they come both ways. I carry both in the boat, using the cobolts the majority of the time.

I can't encourage folks enuf to make certain have quality cutters like these - and to just snip away any hooks that are in critical areas or just buried and tough to get out. Simply not worth the extra time required and potential (probable in many cases) additional damage to the fish.

Quicker is better.

Pete

Thanks guys, at the Fishing Show over the weekend, no one knew where to get them here in Canada. I took a look at theringlord.com and found them there for about $68 Canadian delivered to my door with no surprise taxes/duties.

Jeez, I got replies from the Musky King of the North (Lew) as well as the Musky King of the South (Pete).

I'm hoping to spend some more time on the water this summer and my preference is to hunt Musky. Bass is fun, walleyes are great but Musky reigns supreme. I caught my first last summer up on LOTW and it was a snot rocket only about 22-24" but WHAT A FIGHT!!!! I thought my St.Croix was going to go in the drink.

Go get 'em buck. Remember to take your Camera.

The knipex I have are very similar to Lew's , but ain't got no spring. I also tied a long string to mine and tie off the other end to the boat. Sure would hate to see a slip of the hand and have them sink to the bottom. Too many $$$ for that to happen.

Edited by Rich Clemens