Favorite fishing shows?

ehg

these days, i haven't watched a fishing show in 10 or more years. interferes with time on the water.

Likewise, haven't watched a fishing show for 10 yrs. but mainly because the children like watching other things.

Pete Bowman was pretty good on Fishin' Canada, learned quite a bit from his shows on local waters.

Nowadays youtube has plenty of video which fills the need, here is some OFNers...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9i5_DGf6DRU...feature=related

Edited by ehg

One show I liked way back when (the name escapes me)...the host usually fished around the New England states...usually had a well known guest...and was the first host to introduce the "flying lure"...Anyone ???

BTW...he usually fished out of a small punt...no flashy bass boats...

Edited by Beans

One show I liked way back when (the name escapes me)...the host usually fished around the New England states...usually had a well known guest...and was the first host to introduce the "flying lure"...Anyone ???

BTW...he usually fished out of a small punt...no flashy bass boats...

Norm, wasn't that Rod and Reel Streamside that Holdfast mentioned back on page one?

edit: No, couldn't be that one...the one Holdfast mentioned was with Bill Saif out of New York...Henderson Harbour I think.

Remember Casting Out?........Vince McDonell (spelling?)

Fishing The North...................Don Mark

How 'bout the old"Fish On" on TVOntario...always ended with a fast forward "fly tie"

For now I enjoy Dave's antics and like to get Schooled by JP.... also really like the Next Bite gotta love Pete!

Fish'n Canada is a staple on my plate... very educational and informative I'm not too fussy 'bout the "Gettin ' There " part of the show though.... goes against my better judgment.

RFS

:canadian:

Edited by Randy from Sturgeon

Norm, wasn't that Rod and Reel Streamside that Holdfast mentioned back on page one?

edit: No, couldn't be that one...the one Holdfast mentioned was with Bill Saif out of New York...Henderson Harbour I think.

Roy your right the first time, I believe Beans is talking about ROD AND REEL STREAMSIDE with Don Meisner who did Local shows. Bill Saif was THE ROD AND REEL. I never liked the guy, he would make fun of his Canadian Guides, especially the French and Native guides. For all its worth, a buddy of mine said his dad seen him jigging Salmon out of the Black River in order to do a show.

Remember Casting Out?........Vince McDonell (spelling?)

Fishing The North...................Don Mark

How 'bout the old"Fish On" on TVOntario...always ended with a fast forward "fly tie"

For now I enjoy Dave's antics and like to get Schooled by JP.... also really like the Next Bite gotta love Pete!

Fish'n Canada is a staple on my plate... very educational and informative I'm not too fussy 'bout the "Gettin ' There " part of the show though.... goes against my better judgment.

RFS

:canadian:

Yea, I used to drive my Wife nuts, Yelling FISH ON whenever watching the show.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone else enjoy Hooked with Mark Krupa. He was a lil crazy but the places he fished were absolutely incredible, I dream of being able to fish those places. Wish they did another season.

For the most part though I grew up watching Chronzey's and Bob's shows religiously.

I grew up watching red with my dad and uncle,at that time they didnt understand english very well.But we all enjoyed his show after fishing.I was the translater.I met Izumi a few times,he was too busy.and Italo, seen him too many times in the niagara area ,I didnt know If I was going to be baby talked(I let my kids watch his show though, it informs them, so they can understand).cronzie I like.but all in all reds my favorite.cheers to you red.

Anyone else enjoy Hooked with Mark Krupa. He was a lil crazy but the places he fished were absolutely incredible, I dream of being able to fish those places.

Marks are about the only shows that I watch these days, and in high def to boot. I can, and do, watch them over and over again. He's simply an entertainer. Most shows try to shove knowledge down your throat. Stuff we've heard a million times before. I just want the hosts to take me fishing with them. Not to tell me how to catch post spawn Walleye, how to tie your lure onto your line, and how to fillet a fish. Boring.... Show me some nice scenery, some decent fish, and keep me entertained. That's what I want out of a fishing show.

I always enjoy watching FishfulThinking and Bob Izumi. But, I have been reading just about all there is in fishing magazines, books, catalogs since I was about 12 years old. Add to that the fact that I have been fishing for close to 60 years....year round, worked as a conservation officer and biologist in a ZEC here in Quebec and spent a lot of time with fishing associations and federations.

But most of all....I've never had the budget to buy lots of equipment or often go to places where the fishing is easy. The only time I have ever fished at an outfitter was last spring. A buddy needed some people to make a fishing film. I got my first boat (12 foot aluminum) 2 years ago. I still do not have a gas engine. I've had a canoe for about 30 years now. So, you can see that fishing has not been easy....at least high quality fishing. This meant that I had to learn how to catch fish that had already been fished and in places close to civilization. I've never used a downrigger or a side planer.....you need a boat for those things...lol. However, I do a lot of finesse fishing. 2 to 4 lb test mono is the norm.