Trib Report November 18th

Rich

Sleded and I hit a local trib this morning in search of rainbows. Right off the bat I had a huge hit, but it turned out to just be a seagull flying into the line. Later on, another big hit that we thought was just a seagull.. but when I pulled up on the rod, sure enough there was a fish on! Nice little fight and up came an 18 inch rainbow with some fresh colors.

BlurredBow.jpg

She went home for din din.

The fish was caught bottom bouncing with a roe bag and yarn combo.

That was about it for the morning, I ended up going 1/2 and Sleded went 0/0

Ive always wondered exactly how bottom bouncing works. Ive tried it a few times but really have no idea how to tell if theres something biting? Do you keep the slack out of your line or just line watch very carefully?

Nice fish by the way!

Ive always wondered exactly how bottom bouncing works. Ive tried it a few times but really have no idea how to tell if theres something biting? Do you keep the slack out of your line or just line watch very carefully?

Nice fish by the way!

I have a rod holder that I made up with a metal pole and PVC pipe. I stick it into the mud, or sand, or whatever and use a heavy egg sinker. (1/2 oz most of the time) I simply cast it out, tighten the line and sit back and wait for it to bounce. :)