Wolfe Island

cwpowell

Hey guys, I'm new here, I am also pretty new to the fishing world, I am 19, from Hamilton, Ontario. I just started fishing this year, my dad and his buddies had a trip planned to Rice Lake, back in July and they asked me to come along and that is how I got into the fishing world, ever since...I've been "hooked."

Well, here is my question. I am going to Wolfe Island, Kingston, for the thanks giving weekend to visit some family, who live on the island, I want to do some fishing as I hear it is pretty good up there, I can't find too much info on the area ie. What species of fish are there? What kind of gear should I be throwing in the water etc. I will only really have access to a canoe.

If anyone could give me some insight, I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks guys!

You can get pretty much any fish at all in Ontario there most stuff in large size bring your weapons get in the car and cruise around all sorts of back bays and inlets everywhere dont forget your attached to the big lake spinners/baits bodie baits life jacket rapalas damn man even a worm on a hook just do it :Gonefishing:

Unless you are a very experienced (good) canoeist, I would suggest that it is the wrong watercraft for the area.

That being said, I would suggest using a medium to large minnow bait, or real minnows. Look for points, rocks, and other underwater structure to cast around.

Take lots of pics, and be safe!