ANTERLESS BOW TAGS

misfish

Having a conversation with a friend,he tells me his anterless tag for the bow hunt is not a peel affix tag. The ones I have always gotten,you remove the sticky and place it on your deer tag.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Edited by misfish

The BOW doe tag is a separate seal/tag that for me I have to call in to buy without applying, first come first serve. The anterless tag you have to apply and you get a sticker that you affix on your seal. But that is for non bow and non controlled.

Edited by DanielM

I was on hunting forum with almost the same question being asked, and 3 pages later everyone seems to be confused :o .

Gotta love the hunting regs, the literature has me reading like Iwas 3 years old.

Sorry I can't be of any help!

Edited by FISH-NYMPH

i didnt think it mattered how you take your deer weither it be in bow season or rifle season

my tag has the small sticker you put on your outdoors card and than on that same piece is a larger sticker than says that tag in eligible for antlerless in area (whatever) which you affix to your deer after you get it

i didnt think it mattered how you take your deer weither it be in bow season or rifle season

my tag has the small sticker you put on your outdoors card and than on that same piece is a larger sticker than says that tag in eligible for antlerless in area (whatever) which you affix to your deer after you get it

Here,there is a draw for anterless deer by bow. The bow season.You CANNOT take a anterless deer with just your deer tag. You must be drawn.You CAN take a buck with a bow with your tag.Then if you apply for the control hunt,you can only take what you have been selected to take,with a shotgun/muzzel loader only for that period of time.

All areas are different.

The tag I apply for, is anterless for bow only. I got an anterless tag which I have affix to my deer tag.

You can apply for anterless only? Confussed just like my friend.

If it is the extra tag (if you have any in your area) then it will only be for antlerless and bow only, but if you applied for the antlerless draw then it would be antlered or antlerless.

I put in for the antlerless draw and got my tag and it says antlered or antlerless, my extra tag is antlered only and bow only.

This is copied of the MNR Deer Reg's

Any resident of Ontario who has a valid hunting version

Outdoors Card may apply to the draw for an antlerless

deer validation tag. Hunters who receive a validation tag in

the draw are permitted to harvest their choice of EITHER

an antlerless deer in the WMU specified on the tag OR an

antlered deer anywhere in the province during the open

season – with the exception of during a controlled hunt. See

page 61 for information on hunting during a controlled deer

hunt season.

Licensed hunters who do not apply to the antlerless draw,

or who are not successful in the draw for an antlerless deer

validation tag, may harvest an antlered deer only, anywhere

in the province during the open season, with the exception

of during a controlled hunt or where a hunter has an

additional deer seal validated for an antlerless deer.

Hope this helps

Mis, Here is the number to the MNR office in Aurora, 1.800.667.1940. The sticker for the doe that you got is for rifle, there should be a zone on there that you applied for. Archery seals don't have zones.

Edited by DanielM

Mis, Here is the number to the MNR office in Aurora, 1.800.667.1940. The sticker for the doe that you got is for rifle, there should be a zone on there that you applied for. Archery seals don't have zones.

Dan Dan Dan. No I did not apply for the rifle hunt this year. Bow and controlled hunt.

My cam battery is charging right now or I would show you.

Anterless tag for bow area 76.

As for the gun one,Im still waiting.

This is way to screwed up.What else is new.

Outdoorsman seams to make the most sense.

Thanks for the help guys.