respectable size walleye at last

limeyangler

I had a 1/2 hour to spare this evening as my wife took baby limey for a drive to see if she could get him to sleep. I have not been catching any decent size fish all year in front of the house on Lake Wabigoon, but i was itchin to go fishing ( babies have a way of reducing fishing opportunities) so grabbed a rod and headed down to my rock.

30 MINUTES AT SUNDOWN FROM THE YARD

Nice to get a bigger fish for a change......dunno whats been up with the fishing out front this year....hopefully w'ell get an excellent fall bite happening now. Anyhoo.....fishin is good anywhere...anytime IMHO....and even better when your 1 minute away from your newborn.

IT WAS COLD OUT TODAY SO SNUGGLED WITH BABY JACK AFTER CLEANING MY FISH....HE'S SOOOOO DARNED CUTE!

P9250128.jpg

Great report, pic and videos Simon :thumbsup_anim:

Glad the bigger ones are starting to move into your bay..... bet you thought it was a jack before you got to see it on surface. That's a good productive spot from shore!!! I like it :thumbsup_anim:

Keep up the good work!!!! and thanks for sharing

Jacques

You're an inspiration Simon...one day...one day soon....I just may catch a respectable size walleye too! :rolleyes:

Great pics man...enjoy Baby Limey :D

Thanks JB, certainly am enjoying baby Limey Dude....he's awesome.......aren't you and LJ due to have a new addition too any time now?

What the heck is a Wool-eye??? ;):w00t:

.. jus' razzin ya Simon!... excellent vid and fish Bubba!

LOL...at least you haven't called me AUSTRALIAN....yet!

Good going Simon. Is your seld going to be ready for winter? I"m starting to get excited for ice fishing. lol

BEN!!!....how's it goin' man. Good to hear from ya. I did a good few trips to Williams bay this year....gotta love that lake. I'm taking the sled to a pal in the next week to do some pre-season stuff on it....should be ready to go for 1st ice. Hopefully i'll be on the ice as early as last year...i walked out in front of the house(and skunked) on Nov 23rd.

I never fail to read your threads. Thanks from Kansas USA

Thats great moparhawk.....very kind of you. I enjoy doing the posts too...especially when i get nice replies like yours...cheers Bud!

Great report, pic and videos Simon :thumbsup_anim:

Glad the bigger ones are starting to move into your bay..... bet you thought it was a jack before you got to see it on surface. That's a good productive spot from shore!!! I like it :thumbsup_anim:

Keep up the good work!!!! and thanks for sharing

Jacques

LOL....thats exactly what i thought it was, it had done a line wrap round itself and i could feel it untwisting as it came in....absolutely jackfish behaviour....measured it properly when i got in...just over 18".....filleted it up...more than enough for lunch for 2.

Another great report from you Simon, thanks! On some lakes you'd have had to shoot that over three days. :)

LOL....i know which lakes you mean...i think i fished on them...lol...never again. Funny you mention shooting film....me and my buddy Lew are going to do a proper fishing show style film of a couple of ice fishing trips this year.

nice job on the eyes walk out the back door for lunch awesome

Yup...with the baby here now, having fishing at the end of the yard has turned into a necessity rather than an added bonus of where we live....lol.

I see you're using my favourite jig, the chartreuse/orange northern ontario special. You can't get that colour combo down here and I know it's deadly on the northern lakes. NICE shore action!!

Yup, i usually always use that jig on Lake Wabigoon as it is very murky water...looks the same color as a Timmies double/double. I also like using that colour in combo with those little rattle attachments Northland make for your jigs.