Budgeting software (what do you use?)

Radnine

EXCEL here as well. We use it for all our bills, credit cards, insurance, just about everything that occurs during the year. This includes when it is due (monthly, quarterly, etc. as well as the day of the month). The fixed amounts are already entered and we just pencil in the rest - including the date paid, check number, and the amount.

I throw them in a pile in the order they need to be paid.

As for the "budget book" had one of those when we were first married. Just a notebook that covered our food allowance, natural gas, mortgage PIT etc. the thing that always blew the budget out of the water was the trips to Aquarium Services!

i wish i had it in me to bunker down on a trackable budget. I just dont have it in me lol. UNFORTUNATELY!

I do my best to do as Irishfield said......stack bills in the order of importance and due dates and pay as i go. If i have money left i buy fishing stuff, if i dont ......i eat raman noodles until i have a surplus to buy fishing stuff.

Quicken is what I use.. they have a Home version.... Works REALLY well... tonnes of features and what not... Takes a little while to get used to it though hahah

Also, you can download your online banking to it so it keeps a track of whats going on in your bank as well !

My gf and I, back in december started the whole FINACIAL planning thing. Its really helped alot to get on the right track with saving and things like that.

when everything gets paid online its pretty easy to forget things or lose track of whats going on !

I read a few books and it was really helpful ! Pm if you have any ?? on Quicken stuff !

Edited by Lunker777

Try this one, it works on Excell. covers just about everything and is free. http://www.wnetwork.com/maxedout

I went to the link and could not find an article that mentioned Excell. What did I miss?

jimca11 thanks for the link, looks like a good template there. I've been thinking about coming up with a budget recently but I really haven't used excel enough to figure things out. This looks like it'll help a lot.

I have been thinking about a budget too (obviously). I have a feeling that I will be shocked at what goes out the door and into the LCBO and the near north cottage industry.

I am trying to whittle down the mortgage so Will inherits a legacy not a debt. The money has to come from somewhere so I am hoping the budget will help to identify where.

Thanks to all that replied (I am a bit surprised though that there are not more using some form of free software. And a bit surprised that there are so many excell users. Or more surprised perhaps that I never got into excell)

Jim