Quantum Kinetic PT vs Shimano Citica

leighfns

I am in the process of replacing all my right handed baitcast reels with left handed ones (so much better). I need to grab 3 baitcasters and as such cannot afford any premium ones. Between the Kinetic PT and Citica which would you choose? I like the Kinetic since it comes in a couple different speeds and has the externally adjustable braking system just not sure if they will last or not.

MY experience with these BRANDS of reels:

Quantums hold up for 2 or 3 seasons at best...but they WERE only spinning reels

My shimano baitcasters are 10 and 12 years old. The 10 year old one just got a gear replaced and its first tune up...$40. The 12 year old one has never been tuned up, and still runs as smooth as day one.

I'm not usually blindly loyal to such products, but, when it comes to reels....Shimano gets my $$ over Quantum every time

the citica is a nice reel, no doubt and worth the money. i have 2. having said that, im a quantum guy and use quantum reels on all my rigs with the exception of those 2 citicas and one revo premier. the quantum reels are great, very smooth, no problems with any of them, proper care and cleaning they will last a long time. and their warrenty center is very good and easy to deal with. shimano... not so much. the kinetic is a new lineup for baitcasters coming from quantum. i have the spinning reel and love it, the baitcaster should be just as good. spend a few more bucks and bump up to the catalyst PT baitcaster.