getting the cottage itch

Radnine

Is it just me or is anyone else feeling that the season is wrapping up super early?

I am dying to get to a cottage again and am trying to book something at Rice for next weekend and Doe for Oct 16 & 17.

Those pictures that TJ posted last week really got me thinking of heading somewhere. So much so that I begged the wife and son to head up for a weekend and was rejected!! You know you've got it bad when your seven year old says "Dad, enough with the cottages already, I'm done for this year".

I think the lack of flat time on Erie this year put a big old kink in my local fishing season. I am guessing it was the same for habitual Erie dwellers like Lexxington et al.

Anywho, sorry to ramble. It's a boring Saturday night in old Calebogey.

Regards,

Jim

got the same story from my family. one week on couchiching early october. no interest, they've had enough. might make it a boys trip?

I've even tried that. It is tough to find everyone with weekends available this time of year (hockey has started don't ya know and it's fall fair season).

I am not the type to hook up with new guys too much (not for overnighters at least) which is what keeps me from posting something on here in the way of an invite as some have in the past.

The trip to Doe is a Brother-in-law trip so that one will be well attended.

The cabin at Rice is a little two manner anyway so I think that I might go solo on this one and enjoy a little down time. Hopefully I will have some photos to post.

Jim

Is it just me or is anyone else feeling that the season is wrapping up super early?

I am dying to get to a cottage again and am trying to book something at Rice for next weekend and Doe for Oct 16 & 17.

Those pictures that TJ posted last week really got me thinking of heading somewhere. So much so that I begged the wife and son to head up for a weekend and was rejected!! You know you've got it bad when your seven year old says "Dad, enough with the cottages already, I'm done for this year".

I think the lack of flat time on Erie this year put a big old kink in my local fishing season. I am guessing it was the same for habitual Erie dwellers like Lexxington et al.

Anywho, sorry to ramble. It's a boring Saturday night in old Calebogey.

Regards,

Jim

I had an opening for a cottage that I was going to very soon for the weekend and I almost posted on here to fill the opening but I found someone to fill it. Sorry Jim