G2 Angling - Quinte report

hodgey

Hey Gents,

Headed out today to get the last minute bugs worked out in my Walleye patterns on the Bay (My partner Grant was moving, so I was on my own). Not only did I get them worked out, but I manged to figure out two new AMAZING patterns that really turned the Walleye on.

Ended the day with 12 Walleye mostly 4 to 5lbers an 8.5lber and 9.8lber, also managed to hit 11 Largemouth, including two 5 lbers, I know the "Quinte Classic" guys would have loved them, as they were zooming all over the place today.

Enjoy the pics. My batteries died in the camera so no pictures of the 5lb buckets.

BTW - I took a few minutes to also see if the Walleye were starting to stack up out in the deep water....check out the Lowrance picture :lol:

img0481z.jpg

img0485u.jpg

img0487n.jpg

img0490f.jpg

img0489s.jpg

img0478dx.jpg

Cheers, Hodgey...

Edited by Hodgey

I was thinking about going to Picton bay. My question is, good for jigging? I here that they are deep and I love to jig but how do I get down 40ft with a jig? Never fished the lake before and went and bought a map so after my weekend camping with the little guy, I want to start going after some big eyes. Help would be most apprciated!

Hey Dizzidevil,

I assume you fish from a boat? Most Walleye are still suspended in deep water or off the end of deel weedlines. But the resident Walleye can still be jigged with 3/8oz Jigs & twister tails or jigs tipped with Gulp. The best bet is to use crankbaits along the edge of the weedlines, it is on FIRE right now.

Drop me a PM.

Cheers, Hodgey...

An "ok" report, but kinda sketchy on the details!.. what were they hitting, and how deep were they and in how many feet of water???... this is vital "need to know information"!!! :angry:

OH stop your wining soggy he deserves a much better compliment than that .You just come up in November we will get ya some big eyes.

Now open the back door go for a swim and cool off. :w00t: Side console folks are sooooooooo moody.

Nice wack of fish man thanks for the pics.I can't wait until November.

:thumbsup_anim: